Rosler Sacked

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:
You wouldn't think it would take that long to find the 'manager sacked' report template and just change the name.

:lol: :lol:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Genghers »

Gary Shaw wrote:Uwe should not have been sacked in my opinion. If Steve Evans does get the job it could go either way, he could be a success like he was at Crawley and Rotherham or he could get us relegated, I can't really see there being any middle ground mid table form. It reminds me of a bit when Neil Warnock got the job.
It's a massive gamble and one I don't think we should take/should have taken.

It's alright though, lets all hero worship Evans and hopefully Cellino will get jealous and give him the boot.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Great to see the Marching On Together site buzzing this morning

I must go do some work !
It always is when something s**t happens, Leon.

Personally I'd rather we were just having the quiet 'vs. Fulham' discussion!
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by HarryofOz »

Genghers wrote: It always is when something s**t happens, Leon.

Personally I'd rather we were just having the quiet 'vs. Fulham' discussion!
So true, bad news will always trigger a reaction.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1475
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Oscar »

Genghers wrote: It's a massive gamble and one I don't think we should take/should have taken.

It's alright though, lets all hero worship Evans and hopefully Cellino will get jealous and give him the boot.
I without doubt would not have taken the gamble he wouldn't have even been my 20th choice. However, he might well be a success.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78971
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by The Subhuman »

Gary Shaw wrote:
I without doubt would not have taken the gamble he wouldn't have even been my 20th choice. However, he might well be a success.
Actually I doubt it, not because he doesn't have any talent as a manager, I've no idea about that having never seen his teams play, but I've been reading about him and he appears to have anger issues and a mouth that lands him trouble..

Good luck Steve though should you get the job
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1475
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Oscar »

Genghers wrote: It's a massive gamble and one I don't think we should take/should have taken.

It's alright though, lets all hero worship Evans and hopefully Cellino will get jealous and give him the boot.
I guess you could compare it to when we appointed Dennis Wise and sadly it could be as unsuccessful. I would not have sacked Rosler, however, if I had to sack him I would have liked to have seen Gus Poyet, Oscar Garcia, Mark Warburton or Nigel Pearson. I don't like Steve Evans, however, he has had great success over the last 5 years (not so much in this league though :shock.)
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by mav »

At least it was not Billy Davies.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1475
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Oscar »

mav wrote:At least it was not Billy Davies.
I probably would have preferred him!
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by HarryofOz »

Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Genghers »

gessa

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by gessa »

Genghers wrote:

All sounds so familiar
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Genghers »

Mirror reporter David Anderson on twitter wrote: Massimo Cellino has confirmed that Steve Evans has replaced Uwe Rosler at Leeds. "He's a tough coach and I want that character in my team."

Cellino on Rosler: "He was taking the club backwards rather than progressing, but I accept responsibility because I chose him."
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Genghers »

gessa wrote:All sounds so familiar
Not sure what happened with the quoting there... Fixed it now!
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Gurj »

Oh I dont know Gessa, no more water melon at least eh :wink:

On a serious note, where do we go from here ?! Last weeks limited away ticket allocation decision was a kick in the teeth and now this news today.

I can only see League one on the horizon. :cry:
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Rosler Sacked

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Keep the faith!!!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155100
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by 1964white »

We were so soft v Brighton not one Leeds player received a yellow card, can't remember many tackles tbh

As for Evans he has achieved quite alot at lower level football whilst everybody's favourite German manager has achieved nothing. FACT !!

After saying that Evans wouldn't have been my choice as once again i feel we've appointed another manager out of his depth
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Genghers »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Keep the faith!!!
I don't think we have a prayer with Cellino at the helm to be honest. I've backed him so far, but I don't really know how any sensible person can defend this.

What decent manager (who is in our budget) is going to come here knowing that they're not going to have time to implement a philosophy/build a team able to challenge for promotion? (Not even) three months is way too soon to know how a season will pan out.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Drs.Dad »

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, anyone? At least he has had some success, albeit at a lower level, and has stated that he would love to come to the club at some point.
:tup:
Image
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by danhirons »

soooo steve evans gets a team promoted from league two to the championship and still people are complaining about his appointment?!

what are you expecting?? ancelotti? rodgers?

get real!
Post Reply