faaip wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:45 pm
Didn't see Tuesday game at all but if Pontus was that good then then he needs to be starting. Not sure in that case how we shoe horn in Beradi who's been our best defender before injury and deserves to get back in. He's not a wing back and I would say in place of Coop but he's left footed plus the captain.
Pontus was MOTM v Hull with a rating of 9/10. I don't usually give 10/10 to any player however our only World Cup player was faultless today.
I thought you were advocating Berardi replacing Pontus last week mate, glad you have changed your mind
faaip wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:52 pm
I'd imagine Ayling, among others, was in the Ref's ear most of the game. He was probably looking for any excuse to show a red.
Ayling had a stinker today, three weeks rest from match football at the very least for Luke
SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:48 pm
All of their chances came from Ayling and Cooper giving the ball away or a dodgy free kick, it's not like they overran us in midfield. The dive was from Cooper fannying about after a goal kick.
1964white wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:55 pm
Pontus was MOTM v Hull with a rating of 9/10. I don't usually give 10/10 to any player however our only World Cup player was faultless today.
I thought you were advocating Berardi replacing Pontus last week mate, glad you have changed your mind
I have but Beradi should start too, just not sure how. As I say wasn't able to find a stream worth watching Tuesday and before that Pontus wasn't indispensable.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
1964white wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:29 pm
Referee - Simpson is his name, should be banned from refereeing in the championship until he becomes competent at this level. Hope not to see this clown at ER again.
It seems Bielsa likes proper football with no diving or negative tactics. Other teams seem to be using that to gamesmanship themselves points, Brentford once they went undeservedly one up used all the tricks in the book to stay that way.
I came into the game with respect for their brand of football, that changed at full time as they cheated their way to a point
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 pm
It seems Bielsa likes proper football with no diving or negative tactics. Other teams seem to be using that to gamesmanship themselves points, Brentford once they went undeservedly one up used all the tricks in the book to stay that way.
I came into the game with respect for their brand of football, that changed at full time as they cheated their way to a point
faaip wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:03 pm
I have but Beradi should start too, just not sure how. As I say wasn't able to find a stream worth watching Tuesday and before that Pontus wasn't indispensable.
I think Pontus has been superb since Norwich away, he is back to his ultimate best in his last few games. That's five goals conceded in nine games since he returned
Douglas lost his man at the back post v Millwall
BPF should have saved the first v Brum & possibly the 2nd
Reach's goal was a worldie
Brentford's goal wasn't a penalty
I've never doubted him defensively, only if he's suitable for this system. Today was the first I've seen that he is. FITCIP is my mantra and why I'd not drop Alioski, the class is there
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:25 pm
I've never doubted him defensively, only if he's suitable for this system. Today was the first I've seen that he is. FITCIP is my mantra and why I'd not drop Alioski, the class is there
Brentford remind me of Bournemouth a lot. The media love them because they're a "small" club who's spent most of the last 20 years or so in the bottom two tiers, but their success is built on diving and cheating, with a wealthy benefactor.
SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 pm
No way Jansson can be dropped. If anyone should it's Cooper. I think Berardi will play RB at Blackburn or maybe Shackleton.
Shackleton very good going forward as he is a natural winger
faaip wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:52 pm
I'd imagine Ayling, among others, was in the Ref's ear most of the game. He was probably looking for any excuse to show a red.
What you see quite a lot is Alioski talking to the Ref.
Alioski also makes a habit of standing near the ball
when the opposition has been given a free kick.
Perhaps he does it so the defence can get themselves
organised. But he always seems to be in their face
Something that does not endear him to the referee of
the opponents.