Anonymous wrote: ↑Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am
You've written Costa off?
Not yet!
So far he has been disappointing & we are seven months into the season, his reputation & price tag suggests he should have made a greater contribution by now
faaip wrote: ↑Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:58 am
Poveda is neither unfit or injured...Had we bought those players that BC did, they'd be nowhere near the match day squad.
Kinnear said we'll sign players ready to play in the first team
Anonymous wrote: ↑Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:01 amTwo of our best players, Phillips and Klich, have found their form under Bielsa's guidance. Harrison too, has improved massively. Ayling has improved, Dallas, Ben White has been a revelation.
It's a process, it seems, getting a team which can perform Bielsa's football. The lack of patience being shown over Costa, and now Augustin and Poveda, would likely have seen Phillips and Klich out the door before they got their chance to shine.
It's simply a fact that most signings don't live up to the hype or expectation. That's not unique to Orta or Leeds, it's true for every club. We have a manager and a system which gets the very best out of the players available. Brentford are lauded for their scouting, but we are better than them, even when we're 'falling apart'.
To be fair the majority of those players you mention Sara made an immediate impact under Bielsa, yes Harrison took time to settle. Along with Pablo those players are the mainstay of our squad.
If I took as long to settle in the sport I participate in I'd never win a trophy. Having a cracking season because I've been at the top of my game from the word go
I think Poveda was brought in as a punt.
Same as the Real Madrid kids.
Club hoping to re sell at some point.
I dont expect to see him any time soon.
I hope I am wrong but that ws the feelingbat the time.
Re JKA, every week is a week closer to action imo. Fitness, sharpness,
Once he gels with the rest of the team expect a few thrills.
But oversees players are hard to settle.
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Everything Bielsa does is a long process...which is another reason why 2 seasons to turn around a middling championship set up is too quick..He'll be back for season 3 regardless. Unless we can't afford that.
Lets not forget Manure wanted Augustin..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
For 15 mil Costa is very inconsistent and rarely produces . His shot accuracy is more suited to rugby posts and the shot against Brentfords keeper just smacks of zero confidence, it was more a case of "well if I get it on target it looks better than a complete miss even if it's directly at the keeper". The shooting is so tame by everyone they all look absolutely drained of confidence. All the teams know that we're crap up front they must look forward to playing us atm. This will cost promotion without a doubt.
Do you think we practice shooting? Based on what we've seen so far this season i would say not. especially anything outside the box. f**k that, lets try and cross it in
rrfierce wrote:Do you think we practice shooting? Based on what we've seen so far this season i would say not. especially anything outside the box. f**k that, lets try and cross it in
Evidence suggests that shooting practice is as much priority as keeping practice. I know.. let's practice shooting with a keeper between the sticks ! Killing 2 birds then !
Agreed on Costa, certainly not written him off but from what weve seen of far compared to what we've seen before at Wolves. You have to admit you expected more / better. I certainly did and hes not met my expectations for whats hes currently valued at. Nowhere near!
LevLeeds wrote:Agreed on Costa, certainly not written him off but from what weve seen of far compared to what we've seen before at Wolves. You have to admit you expected more / better. I certainly did and hes not met my expectations for whats hes currently valued at. Nowhere near!
Bielsa has also said he's not suited to the way they play. .. nevertheless we'll he's only costing 15mil so we'll have him.Barmy !