Football Streams

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Football Streams

Post by Cjay »

Every matchday especially when they go down we talk about what we can do to stop our forum being part of the cause.

We cant stop the streams being posted elsewhere for all to see.

But we could do our part so how about.

1) No posting any streams to the message board, always keep them to pm.

2) No streams given out even in pm after 10 minutes of kick off ( so if it kicks off at 3:00pm after 3:10pm no streams to be sent to anyone)

3) No streams sent to anyone on MOT forum with less then 200 posts. May seem harsh but it would encourage new members to be active and prevent new accounts being made just to find and report the streams.

Its getting harder to find streams and its getting harder to stop them being shut down.

Thoughts?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155246
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Football Streams

Post by 1964white »

Good idea Cjay
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8784
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Football Streams

Post by Chilli D »

A quick check of my profile shows that I have way more than 200 posts, so yes good idea :)
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8784
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Football Streams

Post by Chilli D »

I wonder who has the most posts on this forum?
I am currently at just over 1500 (less than 2 years on here) whereas I just checked 64's profile and he has a whopping 77,000 posts!
Can anyone beat that?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11896
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: Football Streams

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:20 pm A quick check of my profile shows that I have way more than 200 posts, so yes good idea :)
You just made me choke on my coffee
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11896
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: Football Streams

Post by Ellandback1 »

The problems we have:

a) I can't tell you when a decent stream will appear. If it appears at 2.59pm, its going to be 3.25 by the time its been pm'd to everyone.

b) If the stream goes down, but we find another one, again, by the time its been pm'd its going to be another 25 minutes.

c) Can we not create a pm group that we all join to, and links are sent here only?
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79047
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Football Streams

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:23 pm I wonder who has the most posts on this forum?
I am currently at just over 1500 (less than 2 years on here) whereas I just checked 64's profile and he has a whopping 77,000 posts!
Can anyone beat that?
64 will be top now (77,800 ish) The Twiggster hasn't posted in 5 years or something. I'm comfortably in third, have been for years (32,700 ish), Ges fourth (22,600) and BB in 5th (17, 700)

5 of the top ten haven't posted in a long while - 4 of the top 5 came over from waccoe after Music thread-gate in 2010
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79047
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Football Streams

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't pass links on to non regular MOT users...but E&B is correct, PM's take a lot of time to sort out.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79047
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Football Streams

Post by The Subhuman »

I have nigh on 50,000 on waccoe too and that's not including the 6-10 thou I lost in a site upgrade
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155246
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Football Streams

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:23 pm I wonder who has the most posts on this forum?
I am currently at just over 1500 (less than 2 years on here) whereas I just checked 64's profile and he has a whopping 77,000 posts!
Can anyone beat that?
Quite a chunk of those posts are down to me running several competitions & the updating involved with them Chilli
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Football Streams

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Pm group in the same manner as 606 Matt
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:50 am

Re: Football Streams

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

Cjay wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:50 pm Every matchday especially when they go down we talk about what we can do to stop our forum being part of the cause.

We cant stop the streams being posted elsewhere for all to see.

But we could do our part so how about.

1) No posting any streams to the message board, always keep them to pm.

2) No streams given out even in pm after 10 minutes of kick off ( so if it kicks off at 3:00pm after 3:10pm no streams to be sent to anyone)

3) No streams sent to anyone on MOT forum with less then 200 posts. May seem harsh but it would encourage new members to be active and prevent new accounts being made just to find and report the streams.

Its getting harder to find streams and its getting harder to stop them being shut down.

Thoughts?
so that makes me a second class member/fan unless of course i spammed the forum
User avatar
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:15 am
Location: Derry, Ireland

Re: Football Streams

Post by Doire_Boi »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:35 pm so that makes me a second class member/fan unless of course i spammed the forum
Spam this thread :lol:

Looks like I've made the cut anyway
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Football Streams

Post by Cjay »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:35 pm so that makes me a second class member/fan unless of course i spammed the forum
No of course not.

Just in the past we have had accounts made, ask for streams and then they are closed (the streams).

So just trying to figure out a way to eliminate that possible cause.

Maybe 200 was to much i dunno just blurting out ideas dont take it personally. :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8784
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Football Streams

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:26 pm You just made me choke on my coffee
:lol:
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155246
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Football Streams

Post by 1964white »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:35 pm so that makes me a second class member/fan unless of course i spammed the forum
You are certainly not that Peter, you come across as a decent bloke
CheltSteve
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:14 pm

Re: Football Streams

Post by CheltSteve »

Evening all
I guess there are a lot of us fans who enjoy very much reading the forum on a daily basis but perhaps don’t contribute

I particularly appreciate EllandBack putting up streams on match days as I am only able to get to Elland Road a couple of times a year

It’s a difficult one
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14643
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Football Streams

Post by hector »

Welcome to the forum....
if it helps to bring the lurkers out into the light as it were, then it is a good thing....

I lurked here for a year before I made my presence felt...... (some would say I should still be a lurker)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19701
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Football Streams

Post by weasel »

I think 200 is probably a reasonable number. There was a poster on here recently had something like 20+ posts and on one of the days when links were going down I had a look to see what they had actual said in their posts and every post was asking for a link. I think a figure of 200 gives enough time to notice if all someone does is post asking for links or whether they have a genuine interest in Leeds.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155246
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Football Streams

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:25 pm Welcome to the forum....
if it helps to bring the lurkers out into the light as it were, then it is a good thing....

I lurked here for a year before I made my presence felt...... (some would say I should still be a lurker)
You still lurk :lol:
Post Reply