I thought he came on when it was 3-2 and we were clinging on?
Player Profile : Pascal Struijk - Smudge, White Riot, Wilsden & others to vote
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23135
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17184
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
You are probably right, I have been trying to erase that game from my memory.
In any case he was caught out for their equaliser.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155271
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155271
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
Pending on incoming signings I wouldn't be surprised if Pascal goes out on loan
I would retain
7/10
I would retain
7/10
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
Curious scoring in these polls. Struijk played 2 games with zero pressure. Played well, yes. Showed potential, yes. But 2 games ..over 46 and he's going to end up being rated as having as good a season as Gianni Alioski...Huh
We're rating the season here right?
I thought I was high with 5 tbh
We're rating the season here right?
I thought I was high with 5 tbh
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
Denman
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 389
- Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:55 am
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
What I saw impressed me, and I’m sure the lad has a bright future. Seems to be confident and easy on the ball, can only improve, solid physique and gives much needed aerial power. But it’s difficult to rate somebody on so few first team appearances, so I’ll go 5.5/10.
- Fridge
- First Team

- Posts: 1432
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
I remember telling a friend that Struijk would never make it after seeing him come on as a sub in that Cardiff game (3-3). He looked shaky and at least partially responsible for the two late goals we conceded.
Looking back, there was a lot more that was wrong with that performance than Pascal Struijk.
I’ve been impressed with him since the restart and think he is one to watch. I think he should be a squad player as he brings versatility as potential DM or CB cover.
He hasn’t featured much this season so I couldn’t really give more than a 6/10
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14815
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
Retain as a squad player, good cover at CH and DM. Did ok when he featured at the arse end of the season but, as others have pointed out, there was little to no pressure on the lad. That's not to detract from his performances, looked strong, mobile and with an eye for a pass, but he's not ready to be a starter. I wonder would Corberan be keen on him for a season/half-season loan, would do the lad some good to get regular football.
5.5/10
5.5/10
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13923
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
Immense potential and definitely one to keep, although not as a starter just yet. The only way I see him as an immediate starter is if we can't retain White and don't sign a replacement. That would not be good.
He showed very well during games that still had a great deal of importance. While our odds of being promoted were quite good, promotion was by no means secured.
Definite keeper as a squad player, but with a good possibility of making his way into the first team.
Since I have to rate the season past and not his value going forward.............. 5.5/10
He showed very well during games that still had a great deal of importance. While our odds of being promoted were quite good, promotion was by no means secured.
Definite keeper as a squad player, but with a good possibility of making his way into the first team.
Since I have to rate the season past and not his value going forward.............. 5.5/10
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
IIRC he only started the last two, both with us already crowned champions ..? He played 30 minutes v Barnsley with us one up..John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:09 pm Immense potential and definitely one to keep, although not as a starter just yet. The only way I see him as an immediate starter is if we can't retain White and don't sign a replacement. That would not be good.
He showed very well during games that still had a great deal of importance. While our odds of being promoted were quite good, promotion was by no means secured.
Definite keeper as a squad player, but with a good possibility of making his way into the first team.
Since I have to rate the season past and not his value going forward.............. 5.5/10
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41709
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
Squad player.
Very impressive in the final few ganes, few dodgy moments before that.
5/10.
Very impressive in the final few ganes, few dodgy moments before that.
5/10.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
-
Clacton White
- First Team

- Posts: 2072
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
Didn't know much about him until last few games . Good one to have on bench 7 .
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155271
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
2019/20
Pascal Struijk
A starter in our first X1
23 Retain as a squad player
Thank you very much, sadly time to move on
Loan out to another club
141.5 (22) Seasons rating
6.4
Dont forget to give a rating out of 10
Voted : Andrew, Byebye, Chapel, Cjay, Clacton, Currie, Denman, Dezzy, Faaip, Fridge, Ges, Hector, Ian, John, LeedsLover, Leeds 1000, Moth, Rat, Radebe, SG, Weasel, 64, 1304[/b}
Pascal Struijk
A starter in our first X1
23 Retain as a squad player
Thank you very much, sadly time to move on
Loan out to another club
141.5 (22) Seasons rating
6.4
Dont forget to give a rating out of 10
Voted : Andrew, Byebye, Chapel, Cjay, Clacton, Currie, Denman, Dezzy, Faaip, Fridge, Ges, Hector, Ian, John, LeedsLover, Leeds 1000, Moth, Rat, Radebe, SG, Weasel, 64, 1304[/b}
- kindestcut
- Youth Team

- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location: Upstate New York, USA
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
6'3".
Man, he's a big guy. A tough, imposing player goes a long way but ultimately, he's got to perform. And I really haven't seen enough of him to make a good determination of what we have here. When I did see him, he was mostly fine so I don't think he's a bad player to keep around. But Bielsa has a plan (I trust) and his own idea of how Struijk should be brought along so we shall see.
-Retain as a squad player
-Season rating: I guess 6/10.
Man, he's a big guy. A tough, imposing player goes a long way but ultimately, he's got to perform. And I really haven't seen enough of him to make a good determination of what we have here. When I did see him, he was mostly fine so I don't think he's a bad player to keep around. But Bielsa has a plan (I trust) and his own idea of how Struijk should be brought along so we shall see.
-Retain as a squad player
-Season rating: I guess 6/10.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15042
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
The surprise of last season?
Bags of potential in this lad, squad player but expect him to cover for Phillips when required
6/10
Bags of potential in this lad, squad player but expect him to cover for Phillips when required
6/10
- Richard
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 573
- Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 am
- Location: Peterborough
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
Keep as a squad player, impressed when there was no pressure filling in for Phillips, did the roll better than White, I’d like to see how good a CB he is 7/10 on his limited appearances
-
Jammy 07
- Manager

- Posts: 3824
- Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
Pascal is all potential at the moment.
Definitely keep as a squad player and try to give him some game time when possible.
6/10
Definitely keep as a squad player and try to give him some game time when possible.
6/10
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155271
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk
2019/20
Pascal Struijk
A starter in our first X1
27 Retain as a squad player
Thank you very much, sadly time to move on
Loan out to another club
165.5 (27) Seasons rating
6.1
Dont forget to give a rating out of 10
Voted : Andrew, Byebye, Chapel, Cjay, Clacton, Currie, Denman, Dezzy, Faaip, Fridge, Ges, Hector, Ian, Jammy, John, Kindest, LeedsLover, Leeds 1000, Moth, Rat, Radebe, Richard, SG, Weasel, Y.Square, 64, 1304
Pascal Struijk
A starter in our first X1
27 Retain as a squad player
Thank you very much, sadly time to move on
Loan out to another club
165.5 (27) Seasons rating
6.1
Dont forget to give a rating out of 10
Voted : Andrew, Byebye, Chapel, Cjay, Clacton, Currie, Denman, Dezzy, Faaip, Fridge, Ges, Hector, Ian, Jammy, John, Kindest, LeedsLover, Leeds 1000, Moth, Rat, Radebe, Richard, SG, Weasel, Y.Square, 64, 1304
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk - Smudge, White Riot, Wilsden & others to vote
In the few times we saw him last year, I liked him, just something about his overall appeal to me> I found it difficult to rate him based on his limited exposure... But following his performance at Anfield on Saturday, I have no doubts at all. He is going to be a huge part of this Leeds United team, and I believe will be well established in the not to distant future... Second to klich best player on the park on Saturday.
Definatley capable of starting 11.
Which means definately a squad player
7.5
Definatley capable of starting 11.
Which means definately a squad player
7.5
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk - Smudge, White Riot, Wilsden & others to vote
Just love it ...
https://tbrfootball.com/marcelo-bielsa- ... te-player/Marcelo Bielsa raves about Leeds United gem, calls him a ‘complete playe