Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:15 pm
Right usually apparently but can play left.
Also has played as a 10 on occasion.
Reading the thread in that LUFCData tweet and someone mentioned something that I hadn't given much thought to, mainly in reference to playing Rapha in front of Jack Harrison. Seems an outrageous idea, but Harrison was played as a leftback in the U23s the other day, and we also know it's a position we had considered strengthening? Could MB be thinking to mould JH into a worldy leftback with Rapha or Costa as left-sided winger/attacker?
Lumiukko wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:04 pm
Reading the thread in that LUFCData tweet and someone mentioned something that I hadn't given much thought to, mainly in reference to playing Rapha in front of Jack Harrison. Seems an outrageous idea, but Harrison was played as a leftback in the U23s the other day, and we also know it's a position we had considered strengthening? Could MB be thinking to mould JH into a worldy leftback with Rapha or Costa as left-sided winger/attacker?
Think I would prefer playing him as an inside forward on the right where he can cut in and shoot on his preferred left foot, like a top of top clubs do with their wingers. Looks like a clear upgrade in talent to Costa to me. Maybe Costa out left in your scenario.
Dundalis wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:59 am
Think I would prefer playing him as an inside forward on the right where he can cut in and shoot on his preferred left foot, like a top of top clubs do with their wingers. Looks like a clear upgrade in talent to Costa to me. Maybe Costa out left in your scenario.
Totally agree, would prefer to see him in his favoured position. I can't imagine Bielsa no longer rates Costa (particularly after his excellent display against Fulham), nor Harrison either, so it's very intriguing how Bielsa will keep all his wingers happy.
Lumiukko wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:33 am
Totally agree, would prefer to see him in his favoured position. I can't imagine Bielsa no longer rates Costa (particularly after his excellent display against Fulham), nor Harrison either, so it's very intriguing how Bielsa will keep all his wingers happy.
Think he has to go with the best players. This is the EPL, have to be a bit ruthless with team selection now. Players need to accept more competition for places, and I think the fact the squad is expanding so much means Bielsa has accepted that. These types of signings will be the difference between Leeds just staying in the EPL, vs potentially challenging for a Europa League spot.
Dundalis wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:30 am
Think he has to go with the best players. This is the EPL, have to be a bit ruthless with team selection now. Players need to accept more competition for places, and I think the fact the squad is expanding so much means Bielsa has accepted that. These types of signings will be the difference between Leeds just staying in the EPL, vs potentially challenging for a Europa League spot.
Dundalis wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:30 am
Think he has to go with the best players. This is the EPL, have to be a bit ruthless with team selection now. Players need to accept more competition for places, and I think the fact the squad is expanding so much means Bielsa has accepted that. These types of signings will be the difference between Leeds just staying in the EPL, vs potentially challenging for a Europa League spot.
Welcome Dundalis!
If Marcelo can make the starting XI rotate without any adverse impact on our results, then we should be cushty. I am hoping we get to see Llorente and Raphinha sooner than later; don't want them as expensive bench-warmers.
he is going to be a serious contender for us and become after hernandez our best player, i can see him scoring and assisting plenty, very excited to have a brazilian at Elland Road
If Marcelo can make the starting XI rotate without any adverse impact on our results
Do not doubt it for a minute L, if there is a coach who can it is God
Scoobychief said ...
he is going to be a serious contender for us and become after hernandez our best player, i can see him scoring and assisting plenty, very excited to have a brazilian at Elland Road
I know mate... Did I dream the last 16 years or what?... 4 games into the season , what a squad
Scoobychief wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:22 am
he is going to be a serious contender for us and become after hernandez our best player, i can see him scoring and assisting plenty, very excited to have a brazilian at Elland Road
Speaking of Brazilians, I remember when Leeds almost signed Ronaldinho from Gremio.... if only.
Another exciting player on the books. Harrison, Costa, Rodrigo, Poveda, Raphinha & when fit again the master Hernandez. I have got a smile on my face wider than Micheal Fassbender.
Lumiukko wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:33 am
Totally agree, would prefer to see him in his favoured position. I can't imagine Bielsa no longer rates Costa (particularly after his excellent display against Fulham), nor Harrison either, so it's very intriguing how Bielsa will keep all his wingers happy.
I wonder if Bielsa sees Raphinha as a potential 10? Most of us have never seen this guy play so we are guessing here, but from what I’ve read he seems to have the credentials to play as one. It would fill another gap in the team when Pablo is out or needs replacing, while also giving us an extra option on either wing as required - a classic Bielsa team player.
Boo Radley wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:29 am
I wonder if Bielsa sees Raphinha as a potential 10? Most of us have never seen this guy play so we are guessing here, but from what I’ve read he seems to have the credentials to play as one. It would fill another gap in the team when Pablo is out or needs replacing, while also giving us an extra option on either wing as required - a classic Bielsa team player.
A bit worried about the earrings, but i have had reassurance they are worth more than my car, and its a big thing in Brasil. And he mentions the word Happy too many times for it to be true.
As we all know, Bielsa likes players to play multiple positions rather than just one, he'll play RW, LW, AM. I also think Poveda could be another Saiz and play through the middle.
Dan James 25m, Harry Wilson 20m, Raphinha 15m. Is it any wonder we looked abroad this summer?
Boo Radley wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:29 am
I wonder if Bielsa sees Raphinha as a potential 10? Most of us have never seen this guy play so we are guessing here, but from what I’ve read he seems to have the credentials to play as one. It would fill another gap in the team when Pablo is out or needs replacing, while also giving us an extra option on either wing as required - a classic Bielsa team player.
I'm thinking the other way, I'm thinking him on the right and Costa in the 10, Costa can't tackle and gives Ayling little cover, ball watches too much when we're being attacked, the new fella apparently tracks back, as Harrison does.