He was wrong quite a few times, last night !
USA Elections
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: USA Elections
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: USA Elections
Got my fingers crossed for ya mate, will be watching North of the 49 here...Good luckLumiukko wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:46 pm How are we all feeling? Must admit I feel a bit nervous, even though everything points to a blowout in favour of Biden. A number of shops and businesses in my neighborhood have pre-emptively boarded up their store fronts in anticipation of potential unrest. Must get out and run my errands shortly as I suspect they'll close up early today.
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: USA Elections
Cheers Smudge. Struggling to concentrate with my work for two days in a row now, hopefully tomorrow there's a new president and Saturday an easy win for Leeds to smooth out the week a wee bit.Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:59 pm Got my fingers crossed for ya mate, will be watching North of the 49 here...Good luck
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: USA Elections
No worries mate, I think you have more chance of an easy win for Leeds than an easy transition of power with Trumpton, even if he loses... he has already told you that he can only lose by the Dem's cheating ...
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: USA Elections
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: USA Elections
Fingers, toes and eyes are crossed.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: USA Elections
Yep, it isn't going to be pretty. Thankfully the generals in the military have no love for him so I can't see them doing anything to undermine the constitution.Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:23 pm No worries mate, I think you have more chance of an easy win for Leeds than an easy transition of power with Trumpton, even if he loses... he has already told you that he can only lose by the Dem's cheating ......What a guy
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: USA Elections
Yep, it isn't going to be pretty. Thankfully the generals in the military have no love for him so I can't see them doing anything to undermine the constitution.Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:23 pm No worries mate, I think you have more chance of an easy win for Leeds than an easy transition of power with Trumpton, even if he loses... he has already told you that he can only lose by the Dem's cheating ......What a guy
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79067
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: USA Elections
Best player on the pitch for us so the others must have been rank
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: USA Elections
Looking pretty s**t right now. Badly ashamed of the nation I live in right now.
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: USA Elections
Yes, looking a bit bleak. Even if Biden does somehow win from here, it shouldn't even be this close. There's already been some trouble in downtown LA and Beverly Hills this evening; looks like the shopkeepers around here were right to board up as I expect some trouble over the next week.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:45 am Looking pretty s**t right now. Badly ashamed of the nation I live in right now.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: USA Elections
Trump has just overtaken Biden. Terrible. All the swing states they're waiting on, Trump is leading. I'm disgusted with the apathy of this nationLumiukko wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:12 am Yes, looking a bit bleak. Even if Biden does somehow win from here, it shouldn't even be this close. There's already been some trouble in downtown LA and Beverly Hills this evening; looks like the shopkeepers around here were right to board up as I expect some trouble over the next week.
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: USA Elections
It's gut-wrenching isn't it? Still some big urban counts to be added in the swing states, which will make for some big changes to those numbers, but it will only take one or two failures by Biden from here to lose the election.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:15 am Trump has just overtaken Biden. Terrible. All the swing states they're waiting on, Trump is leading. I'm disgusted with the apathy of this nation
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: USA Elections
I really can't believe this tbh. I said apathy but could be gullibility or naivety too. Too many Americans believe that Fake news network. I'll admit that all the rioting and protests have probably hurt the Dems. They were misguided and out of control. And Trump really milked them for everything he could.
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: USA Elections
Not my place on this day to be commenting or giving my opinion, did that prior to today, and no doubt we will debate it post election day once the result is made...Just want to say guys, rooting for you and hoping for the right outcome...Keep the faith men...andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:28 am I really can't believe this tbh. I said apathy but could be gullibility or naivety too. Too many Americans believe that Fake news network. I'll admit that all the rioting and protests have probably hurt the Dems. They were misguided and out of control. And Trump really milked them for everything he could.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: USA Elections
Hoping you have a spare room up there in CanadaSmudge3920 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:46 am Not my place on this day to be commenting or giving my opinion, did that prior to today, and no doubt we will debate it post election day once the result is made...Just want to say guys, rooting for you and hoping for the right outcome...Keep the faith men...
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: USA Elections
My girlfriend is from Merida in the Yucatan and has a house there. Looks a safe bet I'll move down there if Trump wins this. Crazy to think that Mexico to me feels a more viable long term destination to live.
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: USA Elections
He did indeed. What.I can't get over is the Latino populations voting for Trump, it's like turkeys voting for Xmas. Sadly for this demographic it's based purely on religious conservative values and preventing more Mexican/Latino immigrants (a snobbishness from immigrants who managed to settle here against their own).andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:28 am I really can't believe this tbh. I said apathy but could be gullibility or naivety too. Too many Americans believe that Fake news network. I'll admit that all the rioting and protests have probably hurt the Dems. They were misguided and out of control. And Trump really milked them for everything he could.
- BobHirst
- Manager

- Posts: 3453
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: USA Elections
About to go to bed. Hope the news is better in the morning.
I can understand why people voted for Trump in 2016. He was a famous TV personality. He wasn't a politician. He was different, so why not see what he could do. But to vote for him again after 4 years of constant lies, vulgarity, disrespect for half of the population and being a vile, despicable person....well it just blows me away. At this moment they are reporting Trump has got over a million more votes in Texas than he got in 2016. It embarrasses, sickens and baffles me.
Half the people in this country don't give a damn about this man's lack of moral character.
Well off to bed and hope things have improved when I wake up.
I can understand why people voted for Trump in 2016. He was a famous TV personality. He wasn't a politician. He was different, so why not see what he could do. But to vote for him again after 4 years of constant lies, vulgarity, disrespect for half of the population and being a vile, despicable person....well it just blows me away. At this moment they are reporting Trump has got over a million more votes in Texas than he got in 2016. It embarrasses, sickens and baffles me.
Half the people in this country don't give a damn about this man's lack of moral character.
Well off to bed and hope things have improved when I wake up.