Album of 1984 (Round 3) - RESULT

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Album of 1993 - BB to VOTE

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:23 am Album of 2003

Nominate Now
Shock !. It is such a good album, though. As many of the Unplugged series are.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by Gandalf »

Evanescence - Fallen
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 1993 - BB to VOTE

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: ↑Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 pm Shock !. It is such a good album, though. As many of the Unplugged series are.
It is a very good album even the I didn't vote for it, just pipped arguably my favourite album of the 90's.

I blame the young lady with her late vote, I was hoping BB would give it three points, I would have taken a draw :lol:
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2339
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by Durly »

SG90 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:54 am Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place
Great album. Probably their best, for me.
Image
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2003 - Nominate Now

Post by 1964white »

Album of 2003

Nominate Now

The Rapture 'Echoes' Faaip
Joss Stone 'The Soul Sessions' White Riot
Outkast 'Speakerboxxx/The Love Below' 1304
Super Furry Animals ‘Phantom Power’ Cat
Explosions in the Sky 'The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place' SG
LFO 'Sheath' Mountain
Evanescence 'Fallen' Gandi
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by The Subhuman »

How do we think the Rapture is going to go?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6703
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by Finnatic »

Abstaining from 2003, thanks
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:49 pm How do we think the Rapture is going to go?
Not as good as your Guru nomination, I maybe wrong.

I have a Rapture album, unsure if it's Echoes or their follow up album.
User avatar
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by Johnboy1965 »

faaip wrote: ↑Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:49 pm How do we think the Rapture is going to go?
Not sure but It will get some points from me :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by 1964white »

Radiohead 'Hail To The Thief'
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by The Subhuman »

Johnboy1965 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:16 pm Not sure but It will get some points from me :tup:
Excellent album, kicks off with Olio which is a particular favourite, there's a lot of the Cure in there.

The Postal Service would probably be my #2 on the year
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by Orange Box »

Drive by truckers - decoration day. Good ol ’ Southern boy redneck rocking, yeehaa !
Skip the first track though and go straight to track 2, and don’t forget the moonshine
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by Orange Box »

So I’m going through listening to the nominations and I asked Siri to play the OutKast album.
Siri said “are you sure?”
After 5 minutes I know what she meant .
Nil pwant from OB I’m afraid.
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2339
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by Durly »

In another massive act of self-sabotage I will go for

William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops I - IV

Particular poignant and pertinent to this time of year.

Some details (needless to say, this won't be for everyone):

https://crackmagazine.net/article/long- ... ow-motion/
Image
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Shins Chutes Too Narrow
User avatar
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by onemoreslogan »

I'm gonna go with:

Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It in People
User avatar
billie1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1299
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by billie1 »

Pass on this occasion please ‘64
User avatar
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Difficult choice here but I'll go with

Starsailor- Silence is Easy
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by The Subhuman »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:18 am None of my top picks appearing. I'll foreswear Calexico, because I've nominated them before, and go for:

Be Good Tanyas - Chinatown
3 for me so far including the Be Good Tanya's need 2 more to make up a 5 ..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Haighy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 am

Re: Album of 2003 - NOMINATE NOW!

Post by Haighy »

Iron Maiden. Dance of Death
Post Reply