Boo Radley wrote: ↑Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:39 pm
Good effort - fine, but it’s still a miss. He has scored one goal in the Premier League. What do we expect when he comes on - nothing, and that’s what we get.
We need a finisher, either from the U23’s or on loan in January. Roberts is not that player. We will pay in dropped points unnecessarily otherwise.
SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 pm
Still don't understand why Bate isn't on the bench, to come on for the final 10 mins to cover the tired legs in midfield.
Because pecking order
It is strange though.
We had 3 defenders on the bench today, 2 wingers, 1 goalkeeper, 2 striker/10s.
Can't understand why Bate or another cm isn't selected.
Boo Radley wrote: ↑Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:39 pm
Good effort - fine, but it’s still a miss. He has scored one goal in the Premier League. What do we expect when he comes on - nothing, and that’s what we get.
We need a finisher, either from the U23’s or on loan in January. Roberts is not that player. We will pay in dropped points unnecessarily otherwise.
I don't think he deserves a slagging off from anyone on today's performance. He can only do what MB tells him to do when he puts him on the pitch.
I do agree that MB ought to look at someone different coming on though for a change, Geldhert fot example, lets see what he can do.
BGwhite wrote: ↑Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:02 pm
The only problem is that he is now gauranteed to be No.1 sub while MB is in charge on the back of that attempt.
Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
If he keeps playing the way he did today I'd be happy to see him coming off the bench.
Delighted with the 3 points today and the team played well for the most part though hate that we have become relegation contenders in the football communities eyes.
I would have every forward player over the next week focused on practising shooting as today the finishing was diabolical. Would rather Bate came in if Dallas is injured and Gelhardt upfront, how much worse could they do?
whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:24 pm
I do agree about Geldhart bb, but if that shot from Tyler had gone in and not hit the bar it would have been a wonder goal. At least he gave the shot a go
It didn't though... sooooo
Not convinced with Roberts at all, he seems to be Bielsa's love child and perhaps a weird kind of relation of faaip's
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm
I don't think he deserves a slagging off from anyone on today's performance. He can only do what MB tells him to do when he puts him on the pitch.
I do agree that MB ought to look at someone different coming on though for a change, Geldhert fot example, lets see what he can do.
I didn’t slag him off at all today. The fact remains, that effort is off target, statistically speaking, and more importantly it doesn’t count on the scoreboard.
Right now we need a finisher more than anything. He is not the solution. There are legitimate question marks about his overall ability but that wasn’t the discussion today. We needed to go with some with a record of scoring recently and with the confidence that goes with it, namely Gelhardt, until we have Bamford back or buy someone.