Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread. The Debrief Live at 7pm this evening.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Arsenal v Leeds United
Arsenal
Arsenal
2–1
Premier League
08/05/2022
Emirates Stadium
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Arsenal
129
Played
41
Won
33
Drawn
55
Lost
-52
GD
32%
Win %
Away record
67
Played
15
Won
15
Drawn
37
Lost
-61
GD
22%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
18/12/2021 Elland Road 1–4 L Premier League ↗
26/10/2021 Emirates Stadium 2–0 L Carabao Cup, 4th Round ↗
14/02/2021 Emirates Stadium 4–2 L Premier League ↗
22/11/2020 Elland Road 0–0 D Premier League ↗
06/01/2020 Emirates Stadium 1–0 L FA Cup 3rd Round ↗
All-time top scorers vs Arsenal
#PlayerGoals
1 Peter Lorimer 9
2 Tom Jennings 8
3 Lee Chapman 7
4 Allan Clarke 6
5 Joe Jordan 5
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Ayling ©
Def Koch
Def Llorente
Def Firpo
Mid Klich
Mid Phillips
Mid James
Mid Harrison
For Gelhardt
Substitutes
SUB Bate
SUB Moreno
SUB Struijk
Unused Substitutes
-- Klaesson
-- Hjelde
-- Cresswell
-- Greenwood
-- Shackleton
-- Gray
Leeds1000
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4157
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Leeds1000 »

Madron wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:07 pm IF we do go down, from what I've seen of Cresswell , Joffy and Bate ,I don't think physicality will be a huge problem.
In Charlies case the question could be more like Will the opponents be able to cope with him.?
Despite their diminutive stature i agree Joffy & Bate will hold there own. Creswell should be perfect for the Championship and then we have Drameh who has been playing well apparently. A back 4 including Pascal, Creswell, Drameh and a left back looks solid on enough on paper. Can Greenwood provide the missing (since the Matador) creativity that we have sadly never replaced despite spending silly money.

Its already been said on here. The Championship is always the same for Leeds. We are the big fish in the small pond and everyone and their Granny wants to beat us. I don't believe there is another club who draws that vicious comparison. That's why we have to be so much better than the rest.

Anyway positive thoughts and on to Chelski who may be going out of business. Apparently Bates wants his pound back...
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155218
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Changnoy wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 3:29 pm We were doing that even in the Championship....and especially where Meslier is concerned.
He is without doubt..a Goalie....in that he has no skill whatsoever with the ball at his feet. You never trap the ball dead under you when someone is pressing you....and to take the ball across his goal line was madness.
But i will say....the players who keep putting it back to him in these situations..when they too have a chance to clear it....are as culpable.
Correct Changnoy, it was a daft pass from Ayling in the first place.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:01 pm He could live in Essex 64. Just across our other river The Stour. Essex is only 10 mins away from me....
No I live in Suffolk. I didn’t qualify to live in Essex as my IQ is above 12. Grenade incoming :lol:
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Johnboy1965 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:21 pm We lost 4-1 at Palace last season, however a point wasn't good enough this time, apparently.
People do forget what a shambles we were before JM walked through the door.
The fact our goal difference is so poor was all down to Bielsa and his naive tactics resulting in us getting battered against the top 6.
If we go down on goal difference then Bielsa has to take most of the blame not JM.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155218
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Changnoy wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 3:38 pm He wont be sacked....and ive stuck around through 3 relegations before..so wont be going anywhere soon.
I just recognise JM has inherited a crap squad and is making a go at keeping us up.
Time will tell if he's anY good once he gets his own stamp on player purchases.
Yes mate, pending on our board getting their act together, would be interesting to see how Jesse does with a better squad.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155218
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 3:58 pm Excellent way to look at it 64👍
Suffered four relegations in my lifetime, I'm not going put myself under undue stress due to the antics of LUFC
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20742
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:28 pm Now that explains as few things...

do you wear white sling back wellies when walking houndie?????

:) :)
I don't wear sling back anything thank you very much! And I have a very broad Yorkshire accent :roflmao:
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 4:31 pm I wanted the season to end months ago, mate
I know mate :(

Just three more matches to endure, hopefully Jesse and the lads can produce some points and keep us up.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155218
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 4:54 pm What was the expression on their faces 64?
Glum & fear.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20742
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:14 pm Yeah that was in bad taste in fairness Leon. Poor effort at gallows humour. Also our mobile hairdresser had a shock the other day at ours. Got a message to say her accountant jumped off the Orwell Bridge a few days ago.
That’s so high I can’t imagine where you’ve got to in life to do that, poor bloke. Don’t think footy could ever do that to me.
I live in Bury St Edmunds btw. Do you remember Clement Freud owned a horse called Dig Up St Edmunds. Top punter.
I live just down river from The Orwell bridge Jay. Driven over it many times, sailed under it many times.

Its had it fair share of folk jumping. Very sad :(
Last edited by whiteswan on Sun May 08, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20742
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:47 pm Glum & fear.
Good :x
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155218
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:08 pm At the end of the day how many really thought we could get anything today.What you don,t expect for a stupid backpass to a keeper who then buggered it up i was always told if the ball is away from your goal you cant concede.The 2nd once again no marking.As for the sending off well i am afraid the language i would use to describe it would be unprintable.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :tup:
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8783
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:14 pm Yeah that was in bad taste in fairness Leon. Poor effort at gallows humour. Also our mobile hairdresser had a shock the other day at ours. Got a message to say her accountant jumped off the Orwell Bridge a few days ago.
That’s so high I can’t imagine where you’ve got to in life to do that, poor bloke. Don’t think footy could ever do that to me.
I live in Bury St Edmunds btw. Do you remember Clement Freud owned a horse called Dig Up St Edmunds. Top punter.
Jay dog, I'm in Lawshall, 6 miles from Bury.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:57 pm Jay dog, I'm in Lawshall, 6 miles from Bury.
Ha, small world Chilli. My sister used to live there. Driven through many times.
Claudia Schiffer lives there I think.
Last edited by Jaydog on Sun May 08, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155218
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:14 pm Yeah that was in bad taste in fairness Leon. Poor effort at gallows humour. Also our mobile hairdresser had a shock the other day at ours. Got a message to say her accountant jumped off the Orwell Bridge a few days ago.
That’s so high I can’t imagine where you’ve got to in life to do that, poor bloke. Don’t think footy could ever do that to me.
I live in Bury St Edmunds btw. Do you remember Clement Freud owned a horse called Dig Up St Edmunds. Top punter.
I do Jay.

Jill & I stayed in Bury St Edmunds for an Ipswich v Leeds, the one we lost 1-0, we had a man sent off in that game, think it was O'Kane, we were awful. I was also at Portman Road the last time we played Ipswich in 2018/19, poor performance as we lost 3-2.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 6:00 pm I do Jay.

Jill & I stayed in Bury St Edmunds for an Ipswich v Leeds, the one we lost 1-0, we had a man sent off in that game, think it was O'Kane, we were awful. I was also at Portman Road the last time we played Ipswich in 2018/19, poor performance as we lost 3-2.
Small world eh. I may well have been at both of those. Definitely a 1-0 game anyway. Also Colchester & Norwich games. I’ve said before they’ve never won an away game I’ve been to. Total jinxer
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8783
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:59 pm Ha, small world Chilli. My sister used to live there. Driven through many times.
Claudia Schiffer lives there I think.
Yes she does at Coldham Hall, half a mile from my house.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:27 pm Would have been another 4-1 or worse :(
:roflmao: We've turned into Mourinho United, deep joy.

My mate again today ...'have Leeds had a chance yet?" :lol:

This is the only chance i think we have, Burnley lose all 3 and we manage to park the bus and scrape a 0-0 in one of our last 3.

Because nobody in this set up and team is gonna create one of those goal thingymebobs, we are absolute garbage, and those of you that can't see what Bert got out of these players to play the football he did really shouldn't be watching the beautiful game, he lost his best players for a while when we had tough fixtures, simples, and he would've turned them out a damn sight better than that complete washout today and palace and Soton....and coming up v Chelsea BHA and Brentford coz Jesse james is out of his depth, you heard it hear first chaps i'm always in front of the slow brigade.

Must dash.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Btw you all agree that the players are gash but for some reason think Bert should've worked wonders with them but seem to excuse the big Jesse, rose tinted an all that for the yank huh ?

He needs sacking asap, like last week because as long as that hole is in his arse we are going only one way, you heard it here first my friends,

Come on chaps put some positive spin on our free flowing super dooper attractive attacking flair...our 7-0 defeats were more entertaining ! :lol: :lol:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21206
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 6:11 pm Yes she does at Coldham Hall, half a mile from my house.
Us LUFC fans get everywhere :)
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply