Tyler Adams
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- BlackHillsPaul
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4521
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Tyler Adams- TALKS UNDERWAY
ESPN is reporting on this also. The deal is for $15.5 Million. Or roughly 15 million Euros. Adams wants the move. Stay tuned...
https://www.espn.com/soccer/leeds-unite ... ig-sources
https://www.espn.com/soccer/leeds-unite ... ig-sources
Football/Futbol/Soccer
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Tyler Adams- TALKS UNDERWAY
BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:54 am ESPN is reporting on this also. The deal is for $15.5 Million. Or roughly 15 million Euros. Adams wants the move. Stay tuned...
https://www.espn.com/soccer/leeds-unite ... ig-sources
I'm OK with him. Seen him play several times for the US. Looks a good player. But the Camara talk seems stronger. And I doubt we'd do both
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41785
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Tyler Adams- TALKS UNDERWAY
£20mil for a Leipzig bit parter has me concerned as does the fact he scores very low for on the ball stats.
He would seem definitely to be the donkey work to Roca's silk in a double pivot.
Would have much preferred Camara who is the much higher rated player (likely Leipzig will buy him to replace Adams).
But he knows the Marsch system very well which is always a bonus.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79202
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Tyler Adams- DEAL CLOSE, MEDICAL SOON
The least interesting of the new players for me.... But again new club and we'll see how he goes first, you just never know..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79202
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Tyler Adams for 15M Yay or nay?
Tyler Adams at 20M according to reports and he's headed over for a medical. So good or bad business at that price, for the first time in a while this seems a bit of an overpay and I'm wondering if there's a JKA knock on here. Anyway 51 appearances over the last 2 seasons, one league goal and 4 cup goals. Leipzig are a good football team in a good league.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41785
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
Arsenal were quoted £38-40mil 12months ago apparently and Manure looked at him in January (all be it heavily influenced by Rangnick).
So it could be a bargain.
But it seems steep for a bit parter whose got massive doubts about his on the ball skillset
But I like that he knows the system well, I like that he knows the manager.
So will sit on the fence for now.
So it could be a bargain.
But it seems steep for a bit parter whose got massive doubts about his on the ball skillset
But I like that he knows the system well, I like that he knows the manager.
So will sit on the fence for now.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- BlackHillsPaul
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4521
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
I voted yes. But I would like the deal better at $15.5 million. Still, we would be buying a quality DM that would immediately be an upgrade over anyone on the current squad. Adams is a lock down starter for USA which is currently ranked 14th in the World. Jesse Marsch brought him up from the RBNY youth set up and developed him into a first team starter. There is a level of trust and familiarity there. I would also point out that Adams was in the starting 11 for the one season in which Julian Nagelsman was Manager at Leipzig. And even after falling out of favor with the new Manager he still managed 37 appearances in all competitions last season.
I realize there is a certain nervousness about bringing in a lot of Red Bull players, American players, etc. But just based on his credentials Adams should be viewed as a good value signing for under 20 million.
I realize there is a certain nervousness about bringing in a lot of Red Bull players, American players, etc. But just based on his credentials Adams should be viewed as a good value signing for under 20 million.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17206
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
Cant head a ball either.
Only way we take him is if they go away over JKA.
Also Leipzig will attach a big sell on clause.
Meh for me
Only way we take him is if they go away over JKA.
Also Leipzig will attach a big sell on clause.
Meh for me
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13948
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
Fabrizio Romano is reporting the up-front money is not much more twelve million, twenty total.
Good signing, if it is a done deal.
Good signing, if it is a done deal.
- BlackHillsPaul
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4521
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
ESPN has it has a done deal. The fee is around €17 million plus add-ons which will total about €23 million. Adams to fly to England in the next 48 hrs to complete medical and sign contract.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-tran ... 3m-sources
https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-tran ... 3m-sources
Football/Futbol/Soccer
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155457
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
I'll have to sit on the fence as I'm unsure, really hope he's a decent signing, have a feeling Camara would be a better signing,
We may up with both.
We may up with both.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155457
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
I'll have to sit on the fence as I'm unsure, really hope he's a decent signing, have a feeling Camara would be a better signing,
We may up with both.
We may up with both.
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19721
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
Hopefully you are right and if so he could be a bargain. Being American there is less of a culture difference so he should settle in quickly.BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:54 pm I voted yes. But I would like the deal better at $15.5 million. Still, we would be buying a quality DM that would immediately be an upgrade over anyone on the current squad. Adams is a lock down starter for USA which is currently ranked 14th in the World. Jesse Marsch brought him up from the RBNY youth set up and developed him into a first team starter. There is a level of trust and familiarity there. I would also point out that Adams was in the starting 11 for the one season in which Julian Nagelsman was Manager at Leipzig. And even after falling out of favor with the new Manager he still managed 37 appearances in all competitions last season.
I realize there is a certain nervousness about bringing in a lot of Red Bull players, American players, etc. But just based on his credentials Adams should be viewed as a good value signing for under 20 million.
Does JM's system require 2 DMs (similar to Enland)? If so selling KP to fund buying 2 makes good business sense as whilst neither may be as good as KP (initially) we hopefully will have more consistency in that they are hopefully less injury prone than KP and we have at least 1 if not both available for most matches.
I'm going to tentatively vote yay given that he knows the system and speaks the same language as his team mates so has a far better chance of being a hit than someone who is unsuited to the system (hello Rodrigo) or will struggle to communicate with his team mates (and manager).
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- BlackHillsPaul
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4521
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
Yes, JM teams typically play with two DM's. Whether that is in a 4-2-3-1 or the dreaded Dildo 4-2-2-2. Occasionally I have seen his teams play a Diamond 4-4-2. But that's going back to his New York days. I don't think they did much of that in Salzburg or Leipzig.weasel wrote: ↑Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:23 pm Hopefully you are right and if so he could be a bargain. Being American there is less of a culture difference so he should settle in quickly.
Does JM's system require 2 DMs (similar to Enland)? If so selling KP to fund buying 2 makes good business sense as whilst neither may be as good as KP (initially) we hopefully will have more consistency in that they are hopefully less injury prone than KP and we have at least 1 if not both available for most matches.
I'm going to tentatively vote yay given that he knows the system and speaks the same language as his team mates so has a far better chance of being a hit than someone who is unsuited to the system (hello Rodrigo) or will struggle to communicate with his team mates (and manager).
To me this is a relatively low risk signing for an established International player coming from a Champion's League team in one of the other Big 5 leagues. My concerns are his past injuries which seem to be behind him. (Fingers crossed). And his lack of ball progression. But in a DM PAIRING with a complimentary player he is excellent! Adams strength's are Roca's weaknesses and visa versa. I can see this working. I'm more optimistic than not...
Football/Futbol/Soccer
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3296
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Tyler Adams for 15M Yay or nay?
Most I've read early doors say loan to buy deal! Maybe the KP money has changed that. I'm unsure of this transfer so am on the fence. Would have been happioer had we signed Mohamed Camara tbh. Hoping to be proved wrong on Tyler Adams...
- Carrick Dave
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 6769
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
They've been talking about 15m euros plus add-ons - given the players we are currently looking at are wanted by others with similar budgets, we appear to be shopping in the right stores.John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:46 pm Fabrizio Romano is reporting the up-front money is not much more twelve million, twenty total.
Good signing, if it is a done deal.
I'd like Camara to come in too, but that seems unlikely now.
Where does Aaronson fit ?
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Tyler Adams for 20M Yay or nay?
Aaronson will be one the attacking midfielders.Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:42 pm They've been talking about 15m euros plus add-ons - given the players we are currently looking at are wanted by others with similar budgets, we appear to be shopping in the right stores.
I'd like Camara to come in too, but that seems unlikely now.
Where does Aaronson fit ?
Cuca and Adams will be in the defensive midfields roles - where Phillips and Forshaw played last season. Camara would be in that same area too.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Tyler Adams for 15M Yay or nay?
I've been saying from the start that I think it's a good signing. Seen him several times for the US and he's a good young player.
With Roca, Adams, Forshaw, Bate, I think we're looking pretty solid in the 2 DMC positions.
Given Adams age, I think he'll develop more as a player and we should be able to sell him at a profit.
With Roca, Adams, Forshaw, Bate, I think we're looking pretty solid in the 2 DMC positions.
Given Adams age, I think he'll develop more as a player and we should be able to sell him at a profit.
- Ratscoot
- Manager

- Posts: 4224
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm
Re: Tyler Adams for 15M Yay or nay?
ESPN reporting late last night the deal is done
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8800
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: Tyler Adams for 15M Yay or nay?
I know absolutely nothing about him and had never heard of him until we were said to be interested. So I'm definitely on the fence.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Adams, Tyler