Raphinha
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41707
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Raphinha - Returned to training today, no decision on Australia
Not included in the Australia tour.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14814
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Personally I'm tired of this whole saga. Obvious for a while now that he wants to move, preferably to Barca. Wish they'd get it done and we can move on. Good luck to him, should be playing in the CL year in, year out and we were never going to be anything other than a stepping stone. Thanks, Rapha, now off you pop and let those who want to play for us get on with it.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41707
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Barcelona have released there latest accounts.
They owe clubs around £106million in transfer fees including still owing Liverpool just over £20million for Phillipe Coutinho.
They also still owe Real Betis millions for Junior Firpo.
They owe clubs around £106million in transfer fees including still owing Liverpool just over £20million for Phillipe Coutinho.
They also still owe Real Betis millions for Junior Firpo.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
They're selling future TV receipts. Sounds like Ridsdale accounting. Hope they don't get an installment deal, then go bankrupt. They probably lost money gambling on the super league too.
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
This whole saga brings out a bit of a side of me I didn't know existed. I desperately want Barcelona to have a huge financial collapse, get punished with points deductions or similar thrown out of competitions, and for it to happen during Raphinha's first season there. The sort of grass is not always greener. A kind of karma I suppose.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:51 pm They're selling future TV receipts. Sounds like Ridsdale accounting. Hope they don't get an installment deal, then go bankrupt. They probably lost money gambling on the super league too.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Careful what you wish for. We might not get paid. But if that happened - let's say Raphinha wasn't paid for and they go bankrupt - would we get him back?Lumiukko wrote: ↑Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:48 pm This whole saga brings out a bit of a side of me I didn't know existed. I desperately want Barcelona to have a huge financial collapse, get punished with points deductions or similar thrown out of competitions, and for it to happen during Raphinha's first season there. The sort of grass is not always greener. A kind of karma I suppose.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
I'd like to see a !don't pay he reverts to Leeds! contingency in place if such a thing can be achieved, might be wishful thinking there..andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:20 pm Careful what you wish for. We might not get paid. But if that happened - let's say Raphinha wasn't paid for and they go bankrupt - would we get him back?![]()
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Lumiukko
- First Team

- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: Santa Monica, USA
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Indeed, I was just reading elsewhere about what would happen to the money owed to us in a deal done by installments, if Barcelona went bankrupt and it's not pretty reading. I'm also reading that there is very serious concern about Barca's ability to survive and the level of their financial jiggerypokery makes Peter Ridsdale seem as successful as Warren Buffet.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:20 pm Careful what you wish for. We might not get paid. But if that happened - let's say Raphinha wasn't paid for and they go bankrupt - would we get him back?![]()
But if the worst was to happen and we're owed significant money for Raphinha, I read we would never see it again (apart from something like 2% of his value), and we still wouldn't get Raphinha back. Not sure how correct that is as that side of football business and Administration/bankruptcy I have very little knowledge on.
-
March712
- Youth Team

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Mon May 02, 2022 4:22 pm
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
To my mind, proposing to sell our most valuable asset to a club on the brink of financial oblivion and knowingly accepting an instalment arrangement, that the vast majority of sensible people can see is not going to be honoured, would be sheer lunacy.Lumiukko wrote: ↑Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:16 pm Indeed, I was just reading elsewhere about what would happen to the money owed to us in a deal done by installments, if Barcelona went bankrupt and it's not pretty reading. I'm also reading that there is very serious concern about Barca's ability to survive and the level of their financial jiggerypokery makes Peter Ridsdale seem as successful as Warren Buffet.
But if the worst was to happen and we're owed significant money for Raphinha, I read we would never see it again (apart from something like 2% of his value), and we still wouldn't get Raphinha back. Not sure how correct that is as that side of football business and Administration/bankruptcy I have very little knowledge on.
If we sell him to Barcelona and take anything but all the money up-front, then it will end poorly for Leeds United.
Chelsea for £65m now and if he does not want that (or they no longer do), then he stays put, happy or not, unless another solvent suitor comes forward, which I suspect one or two would.
- Ellandback1
- Superstar

- Posts: 11896
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
- Twitter: @EllandBack1
- Location: The truth is out there
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Goalkeepers: Harry Christy, Kristoffer Klaesson, Illan Meslier
Defenders: Liam Cooper, Leif Davis, Cody Drameh, Leo Hjelde, Robin Koch, Rasmus Kristensen, Diego Llorente, Pascal Struijk
Midfielders: Brenden Aaronson, Tyler Adams, Adam Forshaw, Archie Gray, Darko Gyabi, Mateusz Klich, Marc Roca
Forwards: Patrick Bamford, Joe Gelhardt, Sam Greenwood, Jack Harrison, Daniel James, Rodrigo, Luis Sinisterra, Crysencio Summerville
Defenders: Liam Cooper, Leif Davis, Cody Drameh, Leo Hjelde, Robin Koch, Rasmus Kristensen, Diego Llorente, Pascal Struijk
Midfielders: Brenden Aaronson, Tyler Adams, Adam Forshaw, Archie Gray, Darko Gyabi, Mateusz Klich, Marc Roca
Forwards: Patrick Bamford, Joe Gelhardt, Sam Greenwood, Jack Harrison, Daniel James, Rodrigo, Luis Sinisterra, Crysencio Summerville
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6708
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Don’t know if Bate is injured but if not I can see why he might not be included.
Judging by the videos we saw for Chelsea’s youth team he looked Philipsesque (deep lying and pinging long accurate passes to the wings)
Now we channel shorter passes through the middle and occasionally create space on the wings with our full backs, I’m not sure Bate fits or has adapted (KP looked slight out of sorts for Marsch when he came back for on injury)
Bate doesn’t have an aggressive presence either when defending so Adams would fill that spot.
I think Bate is a talented player but maybe he would suit MB more than JM.
Judging by the videos we saw for Chelsea’s youth team he looked Philipsesque (deep lying and pinging long accurate passes to the wings)
Now we channel shorter passes through the middle and occasionally create space on the wings with our full backs, I’m not sure Bate fits or has adapted (KP looked slight out of sorts for Marsch when he came back for on injury)
Bate doesn’t have an aggressive presence either when defending so Adams would fill that spot.
I think Bate is a talented player but maybe he would suit MB more than JM.
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
I so dearly want PSG or Real Madrid to swoop in for Raphinha.
I can't bear the prospect of him going to Chelsea.
I can't bear the prospect of him going to Chelsea.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Looks like Chelsea got fed up waiting and are signing Sterling instead.
We've sold out two prize assets for cheaper than we would have hoped for.
I think Raphinha can't be the sharpest tool in the box when he's pushed for a move to a club that may not pay his wages and end up bankrupt.
He must like Deco's bedtime fairytales
We've sold out two prize assets for cheaper than we would have hoped for.
I think Raphinha can't be the sharpest tool in the box when he's pushed for a move to a club that may not pay his wages and end up bankrupt.
He must like Deco's bedtime fairytales
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Australia squad is on a different thread. But I will add that Bate is not Phillips. He's not as aggressive. But he's much more dynamic and attacking, runs with the ball really well. For that, Marsch doesn't really need a replica of Phillips. Bielsa played one DM. He needed someone who could carry that load by himself. Marsch plays 2. So he doesnt put as much weight on one player. With 2 DM's, he can afford for them to be less physically strong than Phillips and more dynamic going forward,Finnatic wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:54 pm Don’t know if Bate is injured but if not I can see why he might not be included.
Judging by the videos we saw for Chelsea’s youth team he looked Philipsesque (deep lying and pinging long accurate passes to the wings)
Now we channel shorter passes through the middle and occasionally create space on the wings with our full backs, I’m not sure Bate fits or has adapted (KP looked slight out of sorts for Marsch when he came back for on injury)
Bate doesn’t have an aggressive presence either when defending so Adams would fill that spot.
I think Bate is a talented player but maybe he would suit MB more than JM.
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6708
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
That’s why I don’t think Bate features or is lower down the pecking order.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:49 pm Australia squad is on a different thread. But I will add that Bate is not Phillips. He's not as aggressive. But he's much more dynamic and attacking, runs with the ball really well. For that, Marsch doesn't really need a replica of Phillips. Bielsa played one DM. He needed someone who could carry that load by himself. Marsch plays 2. So he doesnt put as much weight on one player. With 2 DM's, he can afford for them to be less physically strong than Phillips and more dynamic going forward,
JM has Roca and Adams above him, imo
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41707
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Would rather not face Raph in the league next season.
But after how Barcelona have behaved and the fact they have tried bullying us by using the media I don't like the idea of him going there either (even though they are my 2nd team).
Furthermore given the financial issues they have it could be literally years before we get the full fee (if at all).
But seeing him in a Chelsea shirt would hurt.
Why can't PSG or Real Madrid just come in and buy him
Not sure which of Chelsea or Barcelona I'd prefer.
But after how Barcelona have behaved and the fact they have tried bullying us by using the media I don't like the idea of him going there either (even though they are my 2nd team).
Furthermore given the financial issues they have it could be literally years before we get the full fee (if at all).
But seeing him in a Chelsea shirt would hurt.
Why can't PSG or Real Madrid just come in and buy him
Not sure which of Chelsea or Barcelona I'd prefer.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155263
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
I'd rather accept the full monies from Chelsea than take the risk of losing out financially by selling him to the strapped cash Barcelona.
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Decades ago when I was self employed and struggling to find new customers a man I respected gave me some advice. He said “no business is better than bad business “.
Barcelona to me seems bad business.
Barcelona to me seems bad business.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41707
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41707
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Raphinha - Not included in Australia tour squad
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Dias Belloli, Raphinha