General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14628
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: General Chat

Post by hector »

Mrs64 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:39 am Tell me about it, Faaip.

We had a very large garden in Sussex, Privet & Leylandii hedges all round the back of the garden & some at the front of the garden. It use to take me the best part of three days to get the hedges looking beautifully trimmed.
shouldn't leave it so long between cuts :P :P

:) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Russia are burning £8 million plus of gas a day on the Finnish border. Normally goes to Germany. New holiday destination to keep warm in the winter
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8782
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:36 pm Really Swannie. Bury St Edmunds. Had loads last night and some more today. Amazing how localised it can be.
I imagined all of Suffolk & Norfolk had seen heavy rain.
Did you see the local news last night? Kentford near Newmarket had over 100mm of rain in a few hours, and Bury St Edmunds had 71mm. Certain parts of East Anglia had nothing. The storm for us started at 4am until nearly 7am and we lost power for 45 minutes.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:55 am Did you see the local news last night? Kentford near Newmarket had over 100mm of rain in a few hours, and Bury St Edmunds had 71mm. Certain parts of East Anglia had nothing. The storm for us started at 4am until nearly 7am and we lost power for 45 minutes.
Not surprised Chilli. It filled up my 3 water butts double quick. Didn’t lose power as far as I know but it was a cracking storm. Thunder was weird. Non stop.
I’ve known it to be wet on my side of Bury and dry on the other side before now. Very localised
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: General Chat

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:52 am Russia are burning £8 million plus of gas a day on the Finnish border. Normally goes to Germany. New holiday destination to keep warm in the winter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62652133

Bast*rds
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

The environmental consequences are scary. That’s the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

“Chancellor tells British public to cut back”. According to the BBC.
This is in response to the massive hike in energy bills soon to be unleashed on the public.
After I’ve got the new iPhone, a new car, had my garden landscaped, bought drugs & wine and been on an expensive holiday I’m planning to cut back before my next benefits payment
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

I've just broke a tooth eating a Mars Bar! :?
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Rook wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:42 pm I've just broke a tooth eating a Mars Bar! :?
Frozen?
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:47 pmFrozen?

No. Just a room temperature Mars bar.

The tooth has snapped in half.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Rook wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:49 pm No. Just a room temperature Mars bar.

The tooth has snapped in half.
Bummer.
Expensive dental trip.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:06 pm Bummer.
Expensive dental trip.
The most expensive Mars Bar I've ever had.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: General Chat

Post by whiteswan »

Rook wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:18 pm The most expensive Mars Bar I've ever had.
Which tooth Rook?
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

A Mars a day helps you work, rest & pay
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:24 pm Which tooth Rook?

One of my bottom Molars.

The top of the tooth snapped off. The full root of the tooth is still there.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: General Chat

Post by whiteswan »

Rook wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:27 pm One of my bottom Molars.

The top of the tooth snapped off. The full root of the tooth is still there.
They should be able to re build it for you. If it's just a cusp it will be easy, if it's a lot of the crown then still can be done. Have you any pain? Hopefully the nerve isn't exposed?

I spent 20 years in dentistry.....materials these days are superb, much better than when I was in dental
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: General Chat

Post by whiteswan »

Can you remember if you've bitten on anything hard recently? I bit on a pitted olive but some of the stone was still in it...totally unexpected, nothing happened then but a few days later it fractured, already broken by the olive stone.
Last edited by whiteswan on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:33 pm They should be able to re build it for you. If it's just a cusp it will be easy, if it's a lot of the crown then still can be done. Have you any pain? Hopefully the nerve isn't exposed?

I spent 20 years in dentistry.....materials these days are superb, much better than when I was in dental


The entire crown came off. No pain though.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:24 pm Which tooth Rook?
I was about to say were you in the dental industry :)
I used to get a check up & hygienist for £28 and now it’s over £100 as the hygienist is no longer NHS.
If you have anything major done god help you ££££
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Clacton White »

Rook wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:18 pm The most expensive Mars Bar I've ever had.
Mars bars have a lot to answer for ......one dislocated my shoulder once, think it was 2001 or thereabouts.
Post Reply