Manchester City 2-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Manchester City 2-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate.

Post by 1964white »

Junior Lewis is another level above our kids, very impressed with the young man's performances at ER & the Etihad.
Ackermann
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ackermann »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:35 pm Oh Ackers. For goodness sake Ackers. Nooooooooo!
The unwritten rule. Good god man. Oh Ackers.
I hang my head in shame. :oops:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Ackermann wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:01 pm I hang my head in shame. :oops:
You weren’t to know my child. Go forth and never mention that name again as long as you shalt live.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ackermann wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:37 am Bielsa would have taken us down, as HAS Marsch and as HAS Garcia. And Bielsa wouldn`t have stayed for another year in the Championship.
Big Sam gives us a slightest chance, although I believe we are down.

The travesty was not sacking Bielsa, but sacking him the wrong time, getting a worst possible replacement in twice, getting most transfers wrong, And this thanks to three competent stooges.
I'm sorry but i can't take you seriously.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:35 pm Oh Ackers. For goodness sake Ackers. Nooooooooo!
The unwritten rule. Good god man. Oh Ackers.
Irrelevant to me now, i've concluded anyone that didn't know what the great man was about, simply shouldn't be watching the game, i have zero respect for ANYONE that wanted the great man gone, if they cannot understand what he was up against they should take up another sport.

Quite simple innit.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:43 am I feel more positive than I did under Marsch and more positive than I felt under Gracia, towards the end f his reign. Gracia started allright and showed what could be done with just a bit of football knowledge, what happened to change that I don't know. The key for me is eliminating the mistakes. Against Bournemouth we gifted them the goals and we also missed some good chances. Could easily have been a different results. Mistakes are huge in football as it demoralises a team when they are already in a bad place.

What we need to do is get some of our attacking swagger back. I'd drop Bamford. He just doesn't look right and isn't doing the stuff that he used to anywhere near as well. For all Rodrigo's shortcomings he has been fairly clinical this season. We need to hope he had a scoring spree or that either Gnonto, Harrison or Summerville has a couple of good games.
Thanks for that, yeah PB's completely lost his game and perhaps better off the bench for last 20 or so, Rodrigo could be ok in someone elses hands he just didn't suit Berts game, Gracia got worse as he tried to instil his preferred game of sorting the defence out first, big mistake, in saying that Sams gonna do it too but he's a totally different sort of animal as you allude to with the 9-1 formation, i still think we're going down but feel a tad more hopeful myself, i just can't help feeling Firpo's gonna targeted and he'll fck up somewhere.

;@)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:43 pm Junior Lewis is another level above our kids, very impressed with the young man's performances at ER & the Etihad.
Despite the strength of their squad Pep still gives their young kids a chance.

We have our kids like Drameh, Cresswell, Gray and Gyabi kicking their heels, while we persist with Ayling, Forshaw, Llorente, Cooper, Roca and McKennie.

You couldn't make it up.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

White Riot wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:57 am Despite the strength of their squad Pep still gives their young kids a chance.

We have our kids like Drameh, Cresswell, Gray and Gyabi kicking their heels, while we persist with Ayling, Forshaw, Llorente, Cooper, Roca and McKennie.

You couldn't make it up.
Does that not tell you something WR, how many managers now haven't thought Orta's buys good enough huh ?

How often do you see them in training to access their credentials ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:49 pm 4-5-1 in theory though it was more 9-0-1
I'm reading Citeh could've had 5 at least, so it's not really that impressive is it the 2-1 scoreline, i still feel i'm dreaming : Bert to Sam in 15 months :roll:

Can't really judge Sam on owt with these last few games, he's got to find some way of keeping us up the best way he can, no easy task for sure.

;@)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:01 am Does that not tell you something WR, how many managers now haven't thought Orta's buys good enough huh ?

Yeah, there'll be a reason Pep was happy to palm Poveda, Harrison and Gyabi off onto us.

But surely we could give the likes of Gray and Gyabi a go?

We've witnessed what our dross is capable of on numerous occasions.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:12 am I'm reading Citeh could've had 5 at least, so it's not really that impressive is it the 2-1 scoreline, i still feel i'm dreaming : Bert to Sam in 15 months :roll:

Can't really judge Sam on owt with these last few games, he's got to find some way of keeping us up the best way he can, no easy task for sure.
Whether it was a combination of good luck and good management Sam managed to keep us in the game for 90 minutes against one of the best teams in the world.

Way better than the abject surrenders we witnessed under Gracia.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

White Riot wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:25 am Yeah, there'll be a reason Pep was happy to palm Poveda, Harrison and Gyabi off onto us.

I don't know enough about them or have seen enough of them to pass judgement or comment, i've no idea how good or bad they are or whether they're ready or good enough for the Prem, but a lot of managers now have taken a look and think not, and going off Orta's other buys doesn't fill me with much confidence.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

White Riot wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:28 am Whether it was a combination of good luck and good management Sam managed to keep us in the game for 90 minutes against one of the best teams in the world.

Way better than the abject surrenders we witnessed under Gracia.
Without a doubt, i'm just going off what i've read, Citeh missing a penalty and hitting the woodwork with Haaland seemingly having an off day, thought it quite kind of him actually.

I'm just praying he can get a result from somewhere and it'll be just our luck for Spurs to be playing something like for the last game :roll:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:25 am Yeah, there'll be a reason Pep was happy to palm Poveda, Harrison and Gyabi off onto us.

There is no way Pep would have allowed Leeds or any other team to sign Foden, Lewis or Palmer, he doesn't want inconsistent types in his squad. Some coaches have an eye for quality young players they can work on.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:01 am Does that not tell you something WR, how many managers now haven't thought Orta's buys good enough huh ?

Gray and Cresswell aren't Orta buys though.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:25 am Gray and Cresswell aren't Orta buys though.
Thanks for that, it most definitely helps.

So you'd want them thrown into a relegation scrap then, what's the best football they've played ?

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:27 am Thanks for that, it most definitely helps.

So you'd want them thrown into a relegation scrap then, what's the best football they've played ?
Cresswell is on loan so can't play. Milner was our best player in the relegation season. All I know is Gray will fight and care for the shirt, whereas some others clearly don't.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:04 am There is no way Pep would have allowed Leeds or any other team to sign Foden, Lewis or Palmer, he doesn't want inconsistent types in his squad. Some coaches have an eye for quality young players they can work on.
Yeah, I've been impressed with all three of them so far.

With Roca's performances lately, surely Gyabi could have been given some minutes, couldn't do any worse than him or McKennie, and we already know what Forshaw's all about :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:43 am Yeah, I've been impressed with all three of them so far.

With Roca's performances lately, surely Gyabi could have been given some minutes, couldn't do any worse than him or McKennie, and we already know what Forshaw's all about :roll:
Gyabi looked out of his depth v Cardiff tbh. That's the problem with buying all these u23s then dumping them in the u23s team. If we want them for the first team, they should go out on loan.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:59 am Without a doubt, i'm just going off what i've read, Citeh missing a penalty and hitting the woodwork with Haaland seemingly having an off day, thought it quite kind of him actually.

I'm just praying he can get a result from somewhere and it'll be just our luck for Spurs to be playing something like for the last game :roll:
Newcastle looked poor against Arsenal Kenny.

West Ham are just about home and hosed.

And Spurs are in turmoil.

So if our players show up they could get a result from each of those matches.

For once, we didn't capitulate on Saturday.