Brighton 0-0 Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Brighton v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Raphinha, Rodrigo and Firpo Start

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:41 pm That is your perogative.

I appreciate everything MB has done for us but I am a Leeds fan not A Marcelo Bielsa one when allnis said and done.

At no point however have I said he should be sacked I must add but I feel deeply concerned and think that is with valid reason.
I understand your concerns Cjay, every Leeds fan shares them, and we were shocking today - but we have the same squad till January, and I feel the need to support and encourage them till the club has a opportunity to make changes.

I still believe we can stay up with Bielsa at the helm, in fact I think we’d tank with a mid-season change, so why don’t we get behind him in the interim?
Last edited by Carrick Dave on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Stan »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:41 pm Seen it all before tbh. And what was the shiner all about?
Walked into nightclub door :?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:42 pm Struijk at DM does not work. Why is Forshaw asked to play the advanced midfield role when he is more suited to DM. Just head scratching starting selection and the changes were equally as strange.
Another Bielsa phenomenon :roll:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:50 pm Another Bielsa phenomenon :roll:
Struijk improved the midfield when he came n at DM today.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:44 pm Indeed and Forshaw isn't a box to box midfielder either (his career stats show that) so that is 2 square pegs.

Then James up front is another

Rodrigo in cm is another

Dallas isn't a full back

Shackleton isn't a full back.

You can't have that many players out of position and think it won't have an impact but Bielsa does.
The reason for a lack of continuity.

Us fans are confused with Bielsa obsessive traits, god knows how confused our players are :?
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:58 pm The reason for a lack of continuity.

Us fans are confused with Bielsa obsessive traits, god knows how confused our players are :?
Every time we hear from them they are positive. Confused enough to get us a point today, hopefully they’ll lose the plot entirely and win a couple.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

The only reason I think a change could benefit us is with transfers. Bielsa has this idea that we should only sign players that are better than what we have which is something we can all get behind but it falls down due to his over inflated opinion on most of our squad. If a new manager came in it would be a fresh pair of eyes and more likely to make the needed changes.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

At the end of the day we are all, to a lesser or greater extent, supporters of LUFC, but I don't believe that anyone of us watching that performance today could be other than very worried about what league position we will finish in. I have supported Leeds since 1962, but that performance ranks in the top 5 for ineptitude. I watched it with some non Leeds supporter mates and it was embarrassing. Even Raphinha looked subdued today.....something has gone wrong....let's hope it can be sorted !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cumbriarents wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:03 pm Good hard battle point. Forshaw is a class player even after years injured. We always get beat by the seagulls but not today
Agree mate, we'd have lost that game without Forshaw, who played a lone role in our non-existent midfield.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:09 pm Yeah bless all those faithful fans, above and beyond today for a sham of a performance!
And the lads & lassies never stopped singing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:48 pm I understand your concerns Cjay, every Leeds fan shares them, and we were shocking today - but we have the same squad till January, and I feel the need to support and encourage them till the club has a opportunity to make changes.

I still believe we can stay up with Bielsa at the helm, in fact I think we’d tank with a mid-season change, so why don’t we get behind him in the interim?
I actually agree I don't think a change in manager would help because of the limited squad we have built (which is in itself a real concern for future seasons).

If the performances were decent it would be easier to take your view (wish I could) but I find it very hard to get behind a team that plays like we have this season.

If we had had performances like Brighton have today(play well but not win) it would be easier, we haven't
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Stan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Stan »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:06 pm The only reason I think a change could benefit us is with transfers. Bielsa has this idea that we should only sign players that are better than what we have which is something we can all get behind but it falls down due to his over inflated opinion on most of our squad. If a new manager came in it would be a fresh pair of eyes and more likely to make the needed changes.
Let's be honest, if we signed E Harland he wouldn't play hime for 2 months until he deemed he matched his perfecting requirements, Roberts would be still in front! Unlikely we would ever do though as he is not a winger.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

How can we play so well first half last week and so poorly this first half?

As a self confessed happy clapper I do think something is amiss.

Has Kalvin's head been truly turned after the last England Camp? Although I do think he is bigger than that.

More likely not being played in his England position with world cup next year is the issue?

Watching Rodrigo in the last ten minutes he was completely shot. So did James get CF start just because he can run around for longer.

We are definitely missing Paddy's goals from last season.

Whatever is wrong we need to get behind the team against both Palace and Brentford - COME ON LEEDS!!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:17 pm We were crap today but picked up a point we didn’t last year, but everyone’s ready to cut their wrists.
Point is Davy, that game could have been an embarrassing 4-0 or 5-0 drubbing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:02 pm Every time we hear from them they are positive. Confused enough to get us a point today, hopefully they’ll lose the plot entirely and win a couple.
Tbf they are never going to throw him under the bus.

Human nature though will lead to doubts if they don't see results soon.

Leicester players lost faith in Ranieri months after he helped them make history, our players would be no different with Bielsa eventually i am sure.

KP criticising our game management was a concern and he absolutely did that last week.

Not saying the players are ready to mutiny but it wouldn't be that surprising if privately they had concerns surely?
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Bielsa hasn't got long with performances like that, if we'd have lost it would be much worse, the next 2 games will be his saviour.
Harrison yet again in the starting 11, waste of a player, he got Firpo booked inside 5 minutes, ultimately rendering him useless (not that he's proved any other like)
James as CF !!!!!! Joe Gelhardt on bench !!!!! WTF Bielsa !!!
Looks like he's getting used to the idea of keeping forshaw as our new signing, maybe even KP going in January, f@ck knows whats going on.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Stan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Stan »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:06 pm At the end of the day we are all, to a lesser or greater extent, supporters of LUFC, but I don't believe that anyone of us watching that performance today could be other than very worried about what league position we will finish in. I have supported Leeds since 1962, but that performance ranks in the top 5 for ineptitude. I watched it with some non Leeds supporter mates and it was embarrassing. Even Raphinha looked subdued today.....something has gone wrong....let's hope it can be sorted !!
Not sure I have ever seen a top level pro play in skins? my kids at 10+12 now refuse to play in these!!
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:15 pm Point is Davy, that game could have been an embarrassing 4-0 or 5-0 drubbing.
But it wasn’t mate, so why react as if it was? We’ve been on the end of a few injustices so we should be celebrating getting away with one.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:17 pm Tbf they are never going to throw him under the bus.

Human nature though will lead to doubts if they don't see results soon.

Leicester players lost faith in Ranieri months after he helped them make history, our players would be no different with Bielsa eventually i am sure.

KP criticising our game management was a concern and he absolutely did that last week.

Not saying the players are ready to mutiny but it wouldn't be that surprising if privately they had concerns surely?
If you’re right, we will go down.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:39 pm We were worse v Southampton and I don’t believe you re worst performance, we’ve had some shockers 😁
Yes we were very poor at Southampton. (Raphinha, Phillips or Forshaw didn't play in that game)

What did we do to cheer about until the last 15 minutes today, Finn?