Leicester City 2-0 Leeds Utd - Post Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Leicester City v Leeds United
Leicester City
Leicester City
2–0
Premier League
20/10/2022
King Power Stadium
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Leicester City
131
Played
50
Won
36
Drawn
45
Lost
+27
GD
38%
Win %
Away record
66
Played
17
Won
21
Drawn
28
Lost
-23
GD
26%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
05/03/2022 King Power Stadium 1–0 L Premier League ↗
07/11/2021 Elland Road 1–1 D Premier League ↗
31/01/2021 King Power Stadium 1–3 W Premier League ↗
02/11/2020 Elland Road 1–4 L Premier League ↗
24/10/2017 King Power Stadium 3–1 L Carabao Cup 4th Round ↗
All-time top scorers vs Leicester City
#PlayerGoals
1 Gordon Hodgson 7
2 John Charles 7
3 Peter Lorimer 6
4 Mark Viduka 5
5 Harry Kewell 5
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Koch
Def Llorente
Def Firpo
Mid Adams
Mid Roca
Mid Aaronson
For Bamford ©
Substitutes
SUB Cooper
SUB Klich
SUB Moreno
SUB Gelhardt
SUB Harrison
Unused Substitutes
-- Klaesson
-- Ayling
-- Gnonto
-- Greenwood
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Jaydog »

I must admit after Arsenal I questioned maybe I’ve got him wrong and he’s better than we think. but tonight his team selection beggars belief. Pathetic
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78999
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:54 pm If we don't win this game, Jesse Marsch's win ratio is 30.43%

Seventh lowest behind Bill Lambton, Willis Edwards, Paul Heckingbottom, Uwe Rosler, Brian Clough and Darko Milanic
And Marsch got his players and a pre season, more than can be said for some of those I'd think
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4514
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:51 pm If the team selection wasn't an abomination from the start, he's definitely turned it into one.
It was. And he's made it worse Kenny.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
March712
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon May 02, 2022 4:22 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by March712 »

Scoobychief wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:55 pm What pile of s**t will Marsh come out with after this game
The usual positive bollocks of course.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78999
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:55 pm I must admit after Arsenal I questioned maybe I’ve got him wrong and he’s better than we think. but tonight his team selection beggars belief. Pathetic
I think I said the Arsenal was despite the manager ....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I'll take Fat Sam over this s**t
60sUnited
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2673
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by 60sUnited »

Find it hard to watch...nearly as bad as I have ever seen......big joke really against a depleted bottom 3 team...apart from maybe not having the money to pay him off, would the Yank be kept on ???
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Overman »

This performance is criminal yet another all-time low. I am grateful to Marsch for helping to keep us up, but this is totally unacceptable. We look like a side in freefall, and we need to act sooner rather than later. I am unsure of who the next person might be, but we're in need of some fresh ideas, and a coherent game plan. As for some of these players, a few of them are not fit to wear the shirt.
Last edited by Overman on Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:48 pm If he doesn't bring on Gnonto then that will really show how he feels and that the nonsense he talked about him being ready was just fromthe mouth of the 3 stooges
It's obvious he never wanted him. Just another vanity project from the 3 stooges.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:57 pm I think I said the Arsenal was despite the manager ....
I know. That’s correct. If he uses positive spin after this I’m going to slap him in the face in person
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hey! Every cloud n all that......we're still in the same spot in the league even after defeat !....5th from bottom

And another bonus...our GD is nowhere near as bad as Berts !
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:54 pm If we don't win this game, Jesse Marsch's win ratio is 30.43%

Seventh lowest behind Bill Lambton, Willis Edwards, Paul Heckingbottom, Uwe Rosler, Brian Clough and Darko Milanic
Heckaday would have a 0% win ratio in the PL :lol:
WhiteRose
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3693
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by WhiteRose »

Get Neil to have a word with Sharon, he’s got one last try in him I’m sure.
March712
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon May 02, 2022 4:22 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by March712 »

WhiteRose wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:00 pm Get Neil to have a word with Sharon, he’s got one last try in him I’m sure.
Thank you very much...let's go. 8-)
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:56 pm And Marsch got his players and a pre season, more than can be said for some of those I'd think
Didn't get his left back or striker or any 10s which are necessary for this style.

Or the larger squad he wants.

I don't think Marsch is the right man either but rot starts from the top.

JM's style has never worked in the EPL.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
60sUnited
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2673
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by 60sUnited »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:59 pm Hey! Every cloud n all that......we're still in the same spot in the league even after defeat !....5th from bottom

And another bonus...our GD is nowhere near as bad as Berts !
That position is only very temporary, we have the ability to go much lower !
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:01 pm Didn't get his left back or striker or any 10s which are necessary for this style.

Or the larger squad he wants.

I don't think Marsch is the right man either but rot starts from the top.

JM's style has never worked in the EPL.
Doesn't matter what he didn't get. It's his job to make what he does have work.
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6744
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Carrick Dave »

Unimaginative, flat, no creativity or imagination, no flair going forward, no skill vision or common sense playing out from the back.

Firpo is dire, no awareness of ball or position at all.

Shocking selection and game plan, Brendan Rodgers had us worked out before kick off and no effective changes from Jesse.

Shambles tonight.
Last edited by Carrick Dave on Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Irish Ian »

Stopped watching now.
Think we are definitely relegation fodder.
Beaten at our own game tonight
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Leicester City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford and Summerville Start

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:55 pm I must admit after Arsenal I questioned maybe I’ve got him wrong and he’s better than we think. but tonight his team selection beggars belief. Pathetic
I must admit he'd earned a few Blue Peter badges in my eyes as well with that Arsenal game, but how can you go from getting something so right to this ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply