Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:54 pm
You can go to Everton with my blessing Wilfried
I know he has upset a lot of Leeds fans but sending him to Everton is just too cruel in my opinion.
Interestingly, or not depending on how many sugars you like in a brew, Everton have played Leeds 122 times over the years. Leeds have won 52 times, Everton have won 36 times and there have been 34 draws.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
weasel wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:01 pm
I know he has upset a lot of Leeds fans but sending him to Everton is just too cruel in my opinion.
Interestingly, or not depending on how many sugars you like in a brew, Everton have played Leeds 122 times over the years. Leeds have won 52 times, Everton have won 36 times and there have been 34 draws.
Well that's nice (the stats). I'm only half-serious. I'd love Gnonto to have a change of heart and be our hero but I think he has gone too far for that...
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:54 pm
You can go to Everton with my blessing Wilfried
I was just coming here to say that. Clearly he is being poorly advised by his agent if he still wants to go there. Still struggling with why Harrison left to be honest.
Shambolic nasty club who will join us next year in being relegated. Hopefully then they will drop into oblivion.
herefordbornleedsboy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:21 pm
I was just coming here to say that. Clearly he is being poorly advised by his agent if he still wants to go there. Still struggling with why Harrison left to be honest.
Shambolic nasty club who will join us next year in being relegated. Hopefully then they will drop into oblivion.
To get his full wages. Would you stick at a workplace on 40/50% off the wages when you could move and get 100%?
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
weasel wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:39 pm
To get his full wages. Would you stick at a workplace on 40/50% off the wages when you could move and get 100%?
Depends who’s paying full whack. If it’s Everton then no as it’s a short sighted move. Money isn’t everything especially not when we are talking annual salaries in a week
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
weasel wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:39 pm
To get his full wages. Would you stick at a workplace on 40/50% off the wages when you could move and get 100%?
Always found this line of argument interesting... on my current salary as a 4th year teacher no as it would make it impossible for me to live with my mortgage etc. But when you're talking about him earning what my annual salary is in a week. Even a 50% paycut takes him significantly above the average.
weasel wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:39 pm
To get his full wages. Would you stick at a workplace on 40/50% off the wages when you could move and get 100%?
He isn't. He's on the same wages he'd be with us. Again, why shouldn't players be punished for bad performances? They were happy to milk the bonuses for finishing 17th.
herefordbornleedsboy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:47 pm
Always found this line of argument interesting... on my current salary as a 4th year teacher no as it would make it impossible for me to live with my mortgage etc. But when you're talking about him earning what my annual salary is in a week. Even a 50% paycut takes him significantly above the average.
Not being pedantic but I thought someone reported his salary as 5k per week? 2 months and he’s level with you maybe. But I’m with you on the money thing. Footballers & elite sports people in general moaning about their wages is a bad joke
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Everybody wanting him to go now , when they know he is going anyway , no more bollocks about him rotting in reserves ,more faces than a town hall clock
Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:55 pm
Not being pedantic but I thought someone reported his salary as 5k per week? 2 months and he’s level with you maybe. But I’m with you on the money thing. Footballers & elite sports people in general moaning about their wages is a bad joke
Sorry was talking about Harrison not Gnonto. AFAIK he was on 75/80k a week. Gnonto I know is a lot lower.
geronimo wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:58 pm
Everybody wanting him to go now , when they know he is going anyway , no more bollocks about him rotting in reserves ,more faces than a town hall clock
With a forward line including Harrison, Adams & Gnonto they might have a chance but to quote an old work colleague “the defence doesn’t know whether it’s arseholes or breakfast time”. Absolutely no idea what it means but it’s not good.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
geronimo wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:58 pm
Everybody wanting him to go now , when they know he is going anyway , no more bollocks about him rotting in reserves ,more faces than a town hall clock
Sorely mistaken bud. Would love more than anything for him to stay and fire the goals to get us up. But if he is going, nothing would give me more joy than if it was to Everton as he will be sliding straight back to the championship in 9 months and pulling the same stunt next summer too.
herefordbornleedsboy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:00 pm
Sorry was talking about Harrison not Gnonto. AFAIK he was on 75/80k a week. Gnonto I know is a lot lower.
Got you
Probably right about Harrison. Cjay will know most likely.
I think a lot of people don’t like the money conversation but it’s relevant when we start saying “well you can’t blame the bloke, I mean 40k to 80k per week”. It’s why the games ended up where it has.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
herefordbornleedsboy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:02 pm
Sorely mistaken bud. Would love more than anything for him to stay and fire the goals to get us up. But if he is going, nothing would give me more joy than if it was to Everton as he will be sliding straight back to the championship in 9 months and pulling the same stunt next summer too.
If he leaves Everton it's up to him if he gets a better offer elsewhere that's what footballers do it's a short career, posters talking about Everton going down , when we lie 19th in championship and haven't won a game yet, and absolutely no chance of coming straight back up , is laughable to put it mildly, it's a no brainer for gnonto to move
geronimo wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:11 pm
If he leaves Everton it's up to him if he gets a better offer elsewhere that's what footballers do it's a short career, posters talking about Everton going down , when we lie 19th in championship and haven't won a game yet, and absolutely no chance of coming straight back up , is laughable to put it mildly, it's a no brainer for gnonto to move
Not sure how anyone can say 'no chance' of going back up. We could JUST as easily be sat on 7-9 points given the balance of the 3 games so far. 2 weeks of the window left and money to spend now. I may be wrong and at the end of the season feel free to rub it in my face (as an Everton fan I am sure you will be delighted) but I choose to support the team not get on their case after 3 promising games where they have been F***ed in the a**e by players like Gnonto downing tools. He is part of the problem at the moment.
herefordbornleedsboy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:45 pm
Not sure how anyone can say 'no chance' of going back up. We could JUST as easily be sat on 7-9 points given the balance of the 3 games so far. 2 weeks of the window left and money to spend now. I may be wrong and at the end of the season feel free to rub it in my face (as an Everton fan I am sure you will be delighted) but I choose to support the team not get on their case after 3 promising games where they have been F***ed in the a**e by players like Gnonto downing tools. He is part of the problem at the moment.
Perhaps the more important question to ask Geronimo or whoever is not about the club he’s chosen to go to nor the fact as to whether it’s regarding money etc but the way he’s gone about it if indeed it is all down to him which I’m at pains to say it might not be as we are not privy to everything that happens behind the scenes
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.