Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Locked
Huddersfield Town v Leeds United
Huddersfield Town
Huddersfield Town
1–1
Championship
02/03/2024
The John Smith's Stadium
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Huddersfield Town
82
Played
30
Won
20
Drawn
32
Lost
+3
GD
37%
Win %
Away record
37
Played
8
Won
10
Drawn
19
Lost
-22
GD
22%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
28/10/2023 Elland Road 4–1 W Championship ↗
07/03/2020 Elland Road 2–0 W Championship ↗
07/12/2019 John Smiths Staidum 0–2 W Championship ↗
05/02/2017 John Smiths Staidum 2–1 L Championship ↗
10/09/2016 Elland Road 0–1 L Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Huddersfield Town
#PlayerGoals
1 Peter Lorimer 5
2 Jack Charlton 4
3 Russell Wainscoat 3
4 Ross McCormack 3
5 Luciano Becchio 3
Starting XI
Substitutes
33 Roberts
20 James
7 Piroe
12 Anthony
Unused Substitutes
5 Cresswell
6 Cooper
25 Byram
26 Darlow
49 Joseph
User avatar
AcrossThePondAsh
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »


Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1763577 ... gr%5Etweet
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4521
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:29 pm Tomorrow is my birthday. 4:30 a.m. KO here. So hopefully getting a good early start to the celebrations. Might sneak in a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout then go back to bed.
It's a 5:30 a.m. kickoff where I am. I don't think I'll watch until I wake up. :lol:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Orange Box »

Dear Claire,

I have a problem only you can help me with. I’ll be somewhere on the Irish Sea while the Leeds United game is on today. Do I keep in touch via this thread, or remain in blissful ignorance until I get home and watch the game on TV, hoping some dork doesn’t spoil things and tell me the score?

Please tell me what to do.

Yours anonymously,

Orange Box.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8800
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:15 am Dear Claire,

I have a problem only you can help me with. I’ll be somewhere on the Irish Sea while the Leeds United game is on today. Do I keep in touch via this thread, or remain in blissful ignorance until I get home and watch the game on TV, hoping some dork doesn’t spoil things and tell me the score?

Please tell me what to do.

Yours anonymously,

Orange Box.
I have a similar dilemma.
I'll miss the game live but am recording it. Do I watch it when I get home not knowing the score or do I keep checking the score?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14663
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by hector »

keep in touch on this thread...... then decide whether to watch it or not once you get home, depending on what you read on here...
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Orange Box »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:26 am I have a similar dilemma.
I'll miss the game live but am recording it. Do I watch it when I get home not knowing the score or do I keep checking the score?
My main problem is I have a mate who’s a scum fan, and she’s bound to text me. Plus I’ve just discovered my route home has been closed for roadworks so I now face a 90 minute detour (the joys of living in rural Scotland), I don’t think my ticker can take the strain, so I think I’m following the thread. :poo:
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by Orange Box »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:17 am keep in touch on this thread...... then decide whether to watch it or not once you get home, depending on what you read on here...
You really are Claire Rayner in disguise. Your talents are wasted.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14663
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by hector »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 am You really are Claire Rayner in disguise. Your talents are wasted.
I have been told that before :shock: :) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by Orange Box »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:23 am I have been told that before :shock: :) :)
I know, I read all of Swannies posts. I just didn’t want to jump on the bandwagon.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11798
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by Barlow Boy »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:17 am keep in touch on this thread...... then decide whether to watch it or not once you get home, depending on what you read on here...
They won’t find out much on this thread Mr Hec, it’s the pre-match thread 😁
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14663
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by hector »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:30 am They won’t find out much on this thread Mr Hec, it’s the pre-match thread 😁
I think you will find... Mr Pedantic... :P that this is also the match thread, as it has now been merged.... ner ner :) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155458
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 am You really are Claire Rayner in disguise. Your talents are wasted.
Don't boost Hector's ego up, Orange.

Mind you, he probably looks like Claire Rayner :lol:
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11798
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by Barlow Boy »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:33 am I think you will find... Mr Pedantic... :P that this is also the match thread, as it has now been merged.... ner ner :) :)
Have we already kicked off, I’m dashing to the TV room now 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2711
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Re: Huddersfield pre match thread

Post by pjm2019 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:49 pm Going forward, nice to have Kamara, Piroe, Paddy, Dan even Struijk sat on the bench. But for me that's the most talented 11. Fernandez the most natural and purist striker we have...
Fernandez did great against Chelsea with the 2 goals but his other play was not great, no link up play etc. So right now Bamford is ahead of him
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by Orange Box »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:30 am They won’t find out much on this thread Mr Hec, it’s the pre-match thread 😁
Do try to keep up, it’s like the man said. There’s the pre match thread for discussion before the game. Then there’s the actual game thread where you can moan and groan to your heart’s content and nobody seems to mind. Then the Firpo thread where you can blame every goal scored against us. Then the Bamford thread where you blame every goal we miss, even when he’s not playing. Then there’s the …….
Then after the game there’s the post match thread where you can say it all over again.

Simple. Where’s your problem?
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15058
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Got a nagging doubt about this one. If we are to end our record breaking it would be against these inbred idiots.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79207
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Huddersfield pre match thread

Post by The Subhuman »

pjm2019 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:50 am Fernandez did great against Chelsea with the 2 goals but his other play was not great, no link up play etc. So right now Bamford is ahead of him
Actually his link up play was decent, held the ball up well and excellent vision ....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7088
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Huddersfield pre match thread

Post by DDB220 »

pjm2019 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:50 am Fernandez did great against Chelsea with the 2 goals but his other play was not great, no link up play etc. So right now Bamford is ahead of him
He is a different player to Bamford. He likes the 6 yard box for a start and the lad has composure. The downward header for the second goal was beautifully executed back across the keeper leaving him flat footed, whilst it may have looked easy, the timing was everything and the fact he made it look so easy was a massive positive for me.

Link up play comes with familiarity and playing regularly. Joseph looks like a very good and dare I say exiting prospect.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:15 am Dear Claire,

I have a problem only you can help me with. I’ll be somewhere on the Irish Sea while the Leeds United game is on today. Do I keep in touch via this thread, or remain in blissful ignorance until I get home and watch the game on TV, hoping some dork doesn’t spoil things and tell me the score?

Please tell me what to do.

Yours anonymously,

Orange Box.
You're a woman ? I always presumed you're a bloke.

And no i don't know why.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:56 am Do try to keep up, it’s like the man said. There’s the pre match thread for discussion before the game. Then there’s the actual game thread where you can moan and groan to your heart’s content and nobody seems to mind. Then the Firpo thread where you can blame every goal scored against us. Then the Bamford thread where you blame every goal we miss, even when he’s not playing. Then there’s the …….
Then after the game there’s the post match thread where you can say it all over again.

Simple. Where’s your problem?
:) I like that ^
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Locked