Got an assist then didn't celebrate at all. Looked almost p*ssed off that they had scored. Was a very unusual reaction.
Ilia Gruev
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19699
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19699
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
What absolute sh*te. Have you seen other teams trying to play out from the back? Our players are all moving two or three passes in advance. Yes we oftern play it back instead of passing with quick sharp passess but the times when we do we are quite good at it and even the passing it around backwards and sideways relies on players moving so as to support the next person receiving a pass and the person after that etc.Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:41 pm After tomorrow we've one game in 3 weeks, that should be enough time to get a free agent up to fitness to play some part.
Not like Farke plays some intricate flexible highly coached system.
"If you get the ball pass it back or sideways and under no circumstances go into the box, shoot or play a forward pass or make a forward run.
Do the safest most dull thing you can whenever you get the ball lad"
Simple enough for a new midfield signing![]()
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41704
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
Was just being provocative calm downweasel wrote: ↑Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:10 pm What absolute sh*te. Have you seen other teams trying to play out from the back? Our players are all moving two or three passes in advance. Yes we oftern play it back instead of passing with quick sharp passess but the times when we do we are quite good at it and even the passing it around backwards and sideways relies on players moving so as to support the next person receiving a pass and the person after that etc.
Every system has coaching to a degree.
But wouldn't say Farke coaches some elite masterclass of a system that would take ages to understand.
Anymore than a Warnock does.
It doesn't demand the sort of things Bielsa asked of Klich for example that level of intelligence that requires repetitive coaching and movement.
I think a competent cm should be able to do a job fairly soon which is what we need so in that sense we are lucky.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Carrick Dave
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 6752
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm
- JoeDenver
- Manager

- Posts: 4123
- Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:58 pm
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
Good shout re: Kramer. I saw Michut on Transferkmarkt, but according to his Wikipedia he’s back with Sunderland as of last week?Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:23 pm Decent is relative I suppose.
They are all free agents for a reason
Age
Injury problems
Etc.
Christoph Kramer stands out imo because he knows Farke from Mönchengladbach, decent pedigree but 33 years old and no stranger to the physio.
Edouard Michut is younger, did ok at Sunderland few years ago but isn't really a defensive midfielder.
Francis Coquelin similar to Kramer decent pedigree but fitness issues and age.
Nobody is ideal but isn't an ideal situation
Honestly, I think we just need a competent enough of a body between our 2 starting CMs and Crew until we can get Amps healthy (by Dec?) or Gyabi back in January.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20742
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
Please don't be faaip, be depressed I mean. Come on, you are Leeds Mr PositiveThe Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:26 pm
I'm a little depressed as it means more Rothwell, a player I really hate watching, think Billy Paynter was the last so it's been a while. I'm normally the player positive guy. I've even been called biased a few times.
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7069
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
I had to read that post you replied to for context. IMO It doesn’t deserve a reply. I wish there was a way to avoid reading certain posts completely, other than not bothering with the forum henceforth.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:48 pm I think Rothwell will be better than you think. He hasn't been as good as I hoped he would be. But I thought he improved 2nd half against Norwich. I'm optimistic that we'll see some decent stuff from him now he's guaranteed a run of games. He's certainly a more attacking alternative to our other center mids. So, him getting a few games might actually work out well.
How any fan can actually claim to hate Rothwell playing for Leeds is astounding and quite frankly pathetic. Support should be absolute. I hope he scores against Sunderland. I would luv it, really luv it.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155218
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
Absolutely, so do I.DDB220 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:05 am I had to read that post you replied to for context. IMO It doesn’t deserve a reply. I wish there was a way to avoid reading certain posts completely, other than not bothering with the forum henceforth.
How any fan can actually claim to hate Rothwell playing for Leeds is astounding and quite frankly pathetic. Support should be absolute. I hope he scores against Sunderland. I would luv it, really luv it.
I think people claimed Rothwell had a poor game, because he has scored from a set-piece previously & his free-kick hit the wall, even Ronaldo doesn't score from all his set-pieces. Apart from that moment, Joe produced several pieces of decent play.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79036
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
Didn't you criticize Joseph for missing the one on one despite Haaland doing the same a few times in his career... I don't hate Joe Rothwell, I just hate watching him play and plenty on here have expressed their dislike for a fair number of Leeds players going back years....1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:37 am Absolutely, so do I.
I think people claimed Rothwell had a poor game, because he has scored from a set-piece previously & his free-kick hit the wall, even Ronaldo doesn't score from all his set-pieces. Apart from that moment, Joe produced several pieces of decent play.
....I also hope he scores, hope he gets a brace ... Leeds first as always.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
Jammy 07
- Manager

- Posts: 3821
- Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
They are footballers though remember.
Ask them 2 mins later what they saw on the iPad and they wouldn't be able to tell you.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21206
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
What does Bamford survive on?
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- whiteinfrance
- Manager

- Posts: 3553
- Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
- Location: Now Scarborough UK
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
YES!! I'm living in SCARBADOS!! Underneath the palm trees!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155218
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
I didn't actually say you hate Rothwell.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:30 am Didn't you criticize Joseph for missing the one on one despite Haaland doing the same a few times in his career... I don't hate Joe Rothwell, I just hate watching him play and plenty on here have expressed their dislike for a fair number of Leeds players going back years....
....I also hope he scores, hope he gets a brace ... Leeds first as always.
I was critical of Mateo's one on one missed chance, but I've also praised Joseph for all his attributes he brings to the team.
- Onemanstanding
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 744
- Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:36 pm
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
Bad new about Gruev, I think Wober can play defensive mid.
I know he out for at least 6 weeks, but he should be available before January.
I know he out for at least 6 weeks, but he should be available before January.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11775
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Ilia Gruev- Out for the foreseeable
Wonder what kind of time frame we're looking at. Only see him as 4th choice midfielder but will be good to add depth to the squad. Especially useful as his return would allow Ampadu to play in defence if needed.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41704
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Ilia Gruev
DF now he can drop Tanaka and Rothwell and get Amps and Gruev back in passing back and sideways and never crossing halfway
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Sean_Nile
- Superstar

- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm
Re: Ilia Gruev
Spot on with your tactical analysis... well done again!!!
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style
~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
Never let good taste stand in the way of style
~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21206
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Ilia Gruev
I feel safer in that half tbh.
The other half has the big boys in it.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Gruev, Ilia