West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
West Ham United v Leeds United
West Ham United
West Ham United
3–0
Premier League
24/05/2026
London Stadium
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs West Ham United
114
Played
50
Won
31
Drawn
33
Lost
+21
GD
44%
Win %
Away record
59
Played
15
Won
20
Drawn
24
Lost
-34
GD
25%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
05/04/2026 London Stadium 2–2 D FA Cup, Quarter Final ↗
24/10/2025 Elland Road 2–1 W Premier League ↗
21/05/2023 London Stadium 3–1 L Premier League ↗
04/01/2023 Elland Road 2–2 D Premier League ↗
16/01/2022 London Stadium 2–3 W Premier League ↗
All-time top scorers vs West Ham United
#PlayerGoals
1 Russell Wainscoat 10
2 Peter Lorimer 8
3 Tom Jennings 8
4 Allan Clarke 7
5 Johnny Giles 5
Starting XI
Substitutes
Unused Substitutes
1 Perri
25 Byram
47 Chadwick
51 Cresswell
User avatar
whiteinfrance
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
Location: Now Scarborough UK

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by whiteinfrance »

'Perri has a couple of weaknesses in game that he needs to work on.'

He's 28 FFS ! :roflmao:
YES!! I'm living in SCARBADOS!! Underneath the palm trees!
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: West Ham pre match chat

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 11:00 am No we're not!
I suppose 2 entries in the correct score comp will help you against the master 👍🏼
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: West Ham pre match chat

Post by Orange Box »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 11:00 am No we're not!
I are.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Ouch 😳😳😳

[media] [/media]
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 11:08 am 'Perri has a couple of weaknesses in game that he needs to work on.'

He's 28 FFS ! :roflmao:
Youngish for a keeper .. Darlow is 35 and has as many weaknessess
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 11:50 am Ouch 😳😳😳

[media] [/media]
Struijk as the terminator ...lol
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 11:58 am Struijk as the terminator ...lol
I was more meaning Summerville going down the escalator .
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 12:05 pm I was more meaning Summerville going down the escalator .
Saw that late, can only see the arm
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Johnthewhite »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 12:36 am I still have no clue who's better, Darlow or Perri, but Perri was superb in the cup and he's massive... Definitely a top class keeper there
Meslier is massive (6'-6" I think) but it doesn't work for him. If we were watching Karl Darlow in a an oppositions team I believe many fans would be saying what a good keeper he is.
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Johnthewhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 12:05 pm I was more meaning Summerville going down the escalator .
A little naughty that
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by White Riot »

Despite his usual boring approach Nuno will be forced to go for it today and I expect the Irons will come out flying to try to get the first goal and cause meltdown at Spurs.

Spurs are terrible at home, so them and their fans will be very fragile mentally.

As much as I want us to win every match and get the extra cash, I'd be delighted if Spurs go down. The only way for that to happen is Spurs and us lose.

This would be a real shocker for the Greedy 6. Guardiola is going and Slot is likely to be out on his arse. Chelsea are in turmoil and it remains to be seen whether Alonso can whip them into shape.

Man U will take a punt on Carrick and I'll be surprised if he's there long. So Arsenal could be in a position to capitalize on their opponents churn.

It's also an opportunity for others to challenge the top tier in the EPL, including us, and Spurs being relegated will certainly help us and other ambitious clubs.
Jammy 07
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Jammy 07 »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 12:59 pm Despite his usual boring approach Nuno will be forced to go for it today and I expect the Irons will come out flying to try to get the first goal and cause meltdown at Spurs.

Spurs are terrible at home, so them and their fans will be very fragile mentally.

As much as I want us to win every match and get the extra cash, I'd be delighted if Spurs go down. The only way for that to happen is Spurs and us lose.

This would be a real shocker for the Greedy 6. Guardiola is going and Slot is likely to be out on his arse. Chelsea are in turmoil and it remains to be seen whether Alonso can whip them into shape.

Man U will take a punt on Carrick and I'll be surprised if he's there long. So Arsenal could be in a position to capitalize on their opponents churn.

It's also an opportunity for others to challenge the top tier in the EPL, including us, and Spurs being relegated will certainly help us and other ambitious clubs.
This has never happened before but I'd like us to lose today.

Hopefully we're a couple down by HT as well :)
User avatar
Madron
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Madron »

Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 1:07 pm This has never happened before but I'd like us to lose today.

Hopefully we're a couple down by HT as well :)
Wonder if DF has thought about starting Mes in goal.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Image
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Aaronson for Stach
Nmecha for Okafor
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

No idea why we are 7/2
That seems a huge price to me.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8780
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 1:07 pm This has never happened before but I'd like us to lose today.

Hopefully we're a couple down by HT as well :)
As much as I want Spurs to go down, I cannot bring myself to want us to lose
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Clitheroe White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:38 am

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Clitheroe White »

I just want us to win today. If we lose it’s because West Ham deserved it. Should be a spicy match as I can’t see Leeds playing soft. It’s not in our dna
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by GreennWhite »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2026 1:47 pm As much as I want Spurs to go down, I cannot bring myself to want us to lose
My ideal scenario is Spurs are well behind against Everton and we drawing our game, going into the last couple of minutes against WH. WH score and win 1-0 and that sends Spurs down.
I never want our team to lose any game, but losing today wouldnt hurt that much :)
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: West Ham vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by White Riot »

Buonanotte resurfaced on the subs bench lol
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply