Karl Darlow

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Darlow, Karl · 2023–2026
Darlow, Karl
England Darlow, Karl
Goalkeeper
b. 8th October 1990 (age 35)
38
Apps
24
this season
0
Goals
37
Starts
1
Sub Apps
Newcastle United
Signed 29/07/2023 – 14/07/2026
Newcastle United → Manchester United (Permanent)
Last 6 Appearances
24 May 2026 · Premier League
0–3 L
17 May 2026 · Premier League
1–0 W
11 May 2026 · Premier League
1–1 D
1 May 2026 · Premier League
3–1 W
22 Apr 2026 · Premier League
2–2 D
18 Apr 2026 · Premier League
3–0 W
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Musicman1965 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 7:05 am Can't help feel disappointed with Darlow's decision to move over to our most hated rivals. Yes he is 35 and deserves one final payday as he enters his last contract. With any players that wants to move on they must know how the fanbase will react when it comes to the scum across the way. Any club Karl, just not them. Pack your bench blanket, gloves and your sudoku book and feck off.... harsh I know, but its scum
What would you do is we offered him £40k a week but Man U offered £75k? Stay at Leeds? I certainly wouldn't. Sod loyaLty: money matters in this day and age and you have to go where the money is. Do not hold any grudge against him one jot! He has been brilliant for us...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41661
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Cjay »

Graham confirming that our unwillingness to give him the number 1 role next season played a large part in him leaving.

Basically if I won't be number 1 may as well be backup elsewhere for more £
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22380
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 6:57 pm Graham confirming that our unwillingness to give him the number 1 role next season played a large part in him leaving.

Basically if I won't be number 1 may as well be backup elsewhere for more £
Yep, cya :wave:

Ideas above his station.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

White Riot wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 8:18 pm Yep, cya :wave:

Ideas above his station.
And he has done exactly the right thing! I don't get the people slagging him off? If a rival company offered an extra £25k a week what would anybody do? We'd all follow the money, me included! Thanks for your wonderful service KD: I appreciate what you did for the club. Good luck...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22380
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by White Riot »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 8:44 pm And he has done exactly the right thing! I don't get the people slagging him off? If a rival company offered an extra £25k a week what would anybody do? We'd all follow the money, me included! Thanks for your wonderful service KD: I appreciate what you did for the club. Good luck...
He did okay last season Victor.

Nothing against him, but I'm pleased he's leaving as we need to do much better than him.
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by ShaunL »

Plenty of good performances by keepers at the W C to look at as a replacement.
Suzuki,Gill or even Beach from Australia.
I think I’d go for Gill myself.
User avatar
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2705
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by pjm2019 »

i hope Darlow is on the bench when Man U play us and our fans tell him want a s**t he is. £1.3 million not enough for him even if LUFC told him he would be number 2 here, what is he at Scum number 2 or 3.
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
User avatar
Musicman1965
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Musicman1965 »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 1:18 pm What would you do is we offered him £40k a week but Man U offered £75k? Stay at Leeds? I certainly wouldn't. Sod loyaLty: money matters in this day and age and you have to go where the money is. Do not hold any grudge against him one jot! He has been brilliant for us...
Yes its a lot of money but the outcome is the same. If he stayed at Leeds there is a good chance he will get games, we haven't filled the goalkeeper slot yet and we could get another Perri that doesn't work out. At scum there is little chance of games imo so effectively he will be retired on full pay. I still can't get past his choice of club to move to, maybe that's me just not understanding the draw of the big bucks and loyalty as you said is out the window. Any club and any diversion but not them...
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Johnthewhite »

Musicman1965 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 10:20 am Yes its a lot of money but the outcome is the same. If he stayed at Leeds there is a good chance he will get games, we haven't filled the goalkeeper slot yet and we could get another Perri that doesn't work out. At scum there is little chance of games imo so effectively he will be retired on full pay. I still can't get past his choice of club to move to, maybe that's me just not understanding the draw of the big bucks and loyalty as you said is out the window. Any club and any diversion but not them...
Would you be saying all this if it had been Meslier
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 12:12 pm Would you be saying all this if it had been Meslier
Urrrmmm: 5h1t. I replied to this by mistake :lol:
Last edited by Victor_OTT_17 on Sat Jul 11, 2026 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Musicman1965 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 10:20 am Any club and any diversion but not them...
PS: I don't really do club rivalry and here is why:

In 1996: I was in town watch fans of many teams hugging each other after we'd done Holland 4-1. A week later they were knifing each other!

I was a member of Nottingham Whites for years. We had one thug who was just a complete bullying c*nt: even to kids. A bully of the highest order: hard as f*ck too so didn't need to prove it. I've seen him punch a 13/14 year old kid full in the face because he was a Millwall fan. That guy is the reason me and Michele left Nottm Whites and why we stopped coming to games (2013).

So no: I don't do club rivalry. We're all somebodies child...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Pullhard »

ShaunL wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 1:11 am Plenty of good performances by keepers at the W C to look at as a replacement.
Suzuki,Gill or even Beach from Australia.
I think I’d go for Gill myself.
Gill was excellent
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Johnthewhite »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 2:08 pm Yes, absolutely! We live in a world where money is everything. If you don't follow the money: you're an idiot! Meslier has gone to Arsenal as their number 3 keeper :mshr:

I don't know why I have to try and justify Darlow doing a brilliant thing for himself? He's likely going to be set for life financially on his earnings at Man U. Great move as far as I'm concerned...
I think you missed the point I was trying to make :)
The question was, would Shaun be getting so upset about our goalkeeper going to the Red side if it had been patsy (Mes) and not Darlow.
Fully agree about Darlow taking the money, he's done the best thing for his financial future 👏
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Johnthewhite »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 2:16 pm PS: I don't really do club rivalry and here is why:

In 1996: I was in town watch fans of many teams hugging each other after we'd done Holland 4-1. A week later they were knifing each other!

I was a member of Nottingham Whites for years. We had one thug who was just a complete bullying c*nt: even to kids. A bully of the highest order: hard as f*ck too so didn't need to prove it. I've seen him punch a 13/14 year old kid full in the face because he was a Millwall fan. That guy is the reason me and Michele left Nottm Whites and why we stopped coming to games (2013).

So no: I don't do club rivalry. We're all somebodies child...
Unfortunately you can find such people in all walks of life, they go on to spoil it for everyone else. The good people need to keep going to games and keep them in a minority :scar1
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 3:11 pm Unfortunately you can find such people in all walks of life, they go on to spoil it for everyone else. The good people need to keep going to games and keep them in a minority :scar1
He was a staunch member of Nottingham Whites, a 200-strong LUFC-affiliated supporters club. People like him don't stop going. So we left Nottingham Whites and stopped going to football shortly after. It was a time of big change in our lives and today, we are much better off for it. We now have good jobs, moved to another country and I own my own business. We are better off for it...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Musicman1965
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Musicman1965 »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 2:16 pm PS: I don't really do club rivalry and here is why:

In 1996: I was in town watch fans of many teams hugging each other after we'd done Holland 4-1. A week later they were knifing each other!

I was a member of Nottingham Whites for years. We had one thug who was just a complete bullying c*nt: even to kids. A bully of the highest order: hard as f*ck too so didn't need to prove it. I've seen him punch a 13/14 year old kid full in the face because he was a Millwall fan. That guy is the reason me and Michele left Nottm Whites and why we stopped coming to games (2013).

So no: I don't do club rivalry. We're all somebodies child...
Interesting opinion and I understand where you are coming from. There has always been rivalry in sport but the violence is another issue that you and I have seen first hand. My point is that rivalry can be a good thing, how often do fans look at the fixture list to see important games where putting one over on their greatest rivals is a joy to see. We did it last season and how did that make us all feel. Everybody has an opinion on Manure, when players from Leeds go there it is direct slap in the face as all Leeds players know what it means to do so. How do we all feel about McQueen or Rio, how about Smith, Jordan and others making the switch. As Leeds fans its different for everyone on how they feel. Have a great day Victor....
Last edited by Musicman1965 on Mon Jul 13, 2026 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Musicman1965
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Musicman1965 »

Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 12:12 pm Would you be saying all this if it had been Meslier
My thread is about Darlow not some substandard reserve that is out of contract.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19670
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by weasel »

I think the big difference here is that we are not losing a player that is going to be going into their first team. Despite him leaving as our current first choice keeper they haven't taken someone who was likely to be starting next season, or certainly not the following season (we may have decided to stick with Darlow for another season if we couldn't get someone else in, or we decided to spend money elsewhere).

I like Darlow, he came in and did a pretty decent job in both our promotion season and last but I feel no animosity to him going there. Hopefully we buy better
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Johnthewhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Johnthewhite »

Musicman1965 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 13, 2026 8:18 am My thread is about Darlow not some substandard reserve that is out of contract.
Hi
But that's my point/question, would you feel differently if it was Mes going to the red side ?
User avatar
Musicman1965
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Re: Karl Darlow

Post by Musicman1965 »

Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Mon Jul 13, 2026 12:36 pm Hi
But that's my point/question, would you feel differently if it was Mes going to the red side ?
As the French Fumbler is no longer a Leeds Player his choice of club has no meaning. So in a nutshell No!!
Post Reply