Rasmus Kristensen

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply

Would you be happy with Kristensen?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:59 am

Yes
25
68%
No
1
3%
Unsure
11
30%
 
Total votes: 37

Kristensen, Rasmus · 2022–2025
Kristensen, Rasmus
Denmark Kristensen, Rasmus
Defender
b. 11th July 1997 (age 29)
30
Apps
3
Goals
25
Starts
5
Sub Apps
RB Salzburg
Signed 01/07/2022 – 01/07/2025
RB Salzburg → Eintracht Frankfurt (Permanent)
Last 6 Appearances
28 May 2023 · Premier League
1–4 L
21 May 2023 · Premier League
1–3 L
13 May 2023 · Premier League
2–2 D ⚽ Goal
6 May 2023 · Premier League
1–2 L
30 Apr 2023 · Premier League
1–4 L
Fulham (A)
22 Apr 2023 · Premier League
1–2 L
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by Kennyb41 »

I missed it myself, did you watch him?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:16 am I missed it myself, did you watch him?
Yes Kenny, see my post above.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:30 am Yes Kenny, see my post above.
Yeah i saw it, good report.

I hadn't refreshed my page before posting the question, then read your report when i did.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:28 pm Yeah i saw it, good report.

I hadn't refreshed my page before posting the question, then read your report when i did.
I'll forgive you :-D
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19702
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by weasel »

He looks promising and a good sign that both Red Bull and Dortmund like him given how well they seem to have done in recruting players in recent years.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
60sUnited
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2673
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by 60sUnited »

Thought we needed a left back ??
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:10 pm Thought we needed a left back ??
We do, especially with Dallas out :tup:
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19702
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:13 pm We do, especially with Dallas out :tup:
I think Dallas is expected to be recovered by September - although not sure as to whether that was him to be fully recovered and available for selection by then or able to start light training. As such it may be that we feel we are okay going with Firpo as left back and having Dallas back by September to take over as Firpo is banned for reaching 10 yellow cards for the season.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41723
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:31 pm I think Dallas is expected to be recovered by September - although not sure as to whether that was him to be fully recovered and available for selection by then or able to start light training. As such it may be that we feel we are okay going with Firpo as left back and having Dallas back by September to take over as Firpo is banned for reaching 10 yellow cards for the season.
November according to Marsch.

Then add the risk of picking up additional injury with those long term ones.

I think relying on Dallas at all is a mistake next season.

We've tried to rely on long term injured players before and it never works out.

Phillips looked poor since returning.
Forshaw was meh then got reinjured anyway.
Bamford got reinjured.

Etc.

I think we need to sign a left back and if the club intend to rely on Dallas then it will show they have learned nothing from past mistakes.

So I fully expect the extreme naivety and arrogance of Orta and Co to.mean we don't sign one :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79071
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:31 pm I think Dallas is expected to be recovered by September - although not sure as to whether that was him to be fully recovered and available for selection by then or able to start light training. As such it may be that we feel we are okay going with Firpo as left back and having Dallas back by September to take over as Firpo is banned for reaching 10 yellow cards for the season.
It is Dallas' worst position imo, even if we do see him this side of New year...Which I doubt if I believe the reports of the injury...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79071
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by The Subhuman »

Think I gave Kalvin 3 MOTM's since returning, struggled playing the new position under Marsch so I thought did ok on return...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:31 pm I think Dallas is expected to be recovered by September - although not sure as to whether that was him to be fully recovered and available for selection by then or able to start light training. As such it may be that we feel we are okay going with Firpo as left back and having Dallas back by September to take over as Firpo is banned for reaching 10 yellow cards for the season.
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:

Firpo is also injury prone, only 19 appearances last season.

I'd have preferred Dallas to play in midfield last season, unfortunately he spent so much time covering Ayling/Firpo's positions.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:48 pm Think I gave Kalvin 3 MOTM's since returning, struggled playing the new position under Marsch so I thought did ok on return...
None for me, a close 2nd in a couple of games & I'm Kalvin's biggest fan, still don't think he is fully fit yet.

Serious injuries to footballers generally takes time before they are back to their best.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41723
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:34 pm
Did you watch Rasmus for Denmark last night, Cjay?
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41723
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:43 pm Did you watch Rasmus for Denmark last night, Cjay?
No Leon I didn't.

Any good?

I have my reservations because of his level but I trust Red Bull Salzburg's scouting department over Orta.

Gives hope.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155299
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:59 pm No Leon I didn't.

Any good?

I have my reservations because of his level but I trust Red Bull Salzburg's scouting department over Orta.

Gives hope.
Watched up to the 70 minutes mark as I've had to be up early this morning.

Kristensen played a very attacking role in the first-half hogging the right flank as Raphinha does, second-half he played a much deeper role.

Gets forward a lot, looking for an overlap.
Strong & seems to be quick, especially when his team has to defend,
Chases back & stays with his marker defensively.
I didn't see enough of his defensive qualities to make an opinion, even though he always seems to be in the correct position at the back.
Plenty of neat & tidy short passes.
Made two crosses into the box, one assisting Denmark's first goal in the first-half.

I would rate his performance 7/10.

Hope Rasmus has had a word in Christian Eriksen's ear about his best future career move.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8788
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- MEDICAL TOMORROW

Post by Chilli D »

This will turn out to be a good signing I think. Could spell the end for Ayling as a first team regular.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19702
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- MEDICAL TOMORROW

Post by weasel »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:53 am This will turn out to be a good signing I think. Could spell the end for Ayling as a first team regular.
Ayling is good to have in the squad (especially if we are still looking at an 18 man squad and youth) with him being able to cover right back and centreback. I know some don't rate him as a centreback but I always felt that he did okay as a centreback (especially when he got a run of games to get familiar with the position) but that we struggled when he played centreback more because we missed him at rightback. Having RK being able to bomb forward in a similar way to Ayling does would mean we shouldn't have that problem if Ayling had to play centreback. The key factor in having the small squad is having players capable of playing a couple of positions.

Additionally Ayling is still good enough to be a starter at right back so it means we are strong there. It also gives the option of allowing Drameh to go out on loan to further his development rather than having him here as an unhappy back-up.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8788
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- MEDICAL TOMORROW

Post by Chilli D »

weasel wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:20 am Ayling is good to have in the squad (especially if we are still looking at an 18 man squad and youth) with him being able to cover right back and centreback. I know some don't rate him as a centreback but I always felt that he did okay as a centreback (especially when he got a run of games to get familiar with the position) but that we struggled when he played centreback more because we missed him at rightback. Having RK being able to bomb forward in a similar way to Ayling does would mean we shouldn't have that problem if Ayling had to play centreback. The key factor in having the small squad is having players capable of playing a couple of positions.

Additionally Ayling is still good enough to be a starter at right back so it means we are strong there. It also gives the option of allowing Drameh to go out on loan to further his development rather than having him here as an unhappy back-up.
I've no complaints with Ayling at all really. Great servant for the club and always gives his all even if he's having a mare.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Post Reply