Possibly not the healthiest though, but I always have some fruit as well in atonement.Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:42 pm A thin layer of marmite topped with a generous layer of peanut butter on toast, sloshed down with a nice cup of tea, is a fab combination for breakfast and sets me up for the day![]()
General Chat
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Byebyegeegee
- First Team

- Posts: 2390
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
- Location: God’s own county (north)
Re: General Chat
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: General Chat
I prefer Tahin on bread, or toast, a tasty and healthy substitute for peanut butter.
I also love Ciganska Banitsa, which is toast with olive oil, salt and Chubritsa (Summer Savory herb) sprinkled and rubbed in to the toast
BG will know the craic
I also love Ciganska Banitsa, which is toast with olive oil, salt and Chubritsa (Summer Savory herb) sprinkled and rubbed in to the toast
BG will know the craic
-
AylingFlop
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 286
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 9:34 am
- Location: West Sussex
Re: General Chat
My wife tried to break my pb habit by buying tahini once. I couldn't stand it. She recently found the jar in the cupboard & asked if I was going to eat it. I told her there wasn't any chance I was going to eat it before it's best before date let alone now. The best before date was 1994, despite her reassuring me it wasn't mouldy & smelled OK, it was a hard pass on my part.
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: General Chat
Pot Noodle (Chicken n Mushroom)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: General Chat
On this occasion i'm left wondering.....'where was the good guy with a gun?'
https://www.yahoo.com/news/12-old-shoot ... 30574.html
https://www.yahoo.com/news/12-old-shoot ... 30574.html
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- Tyzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4214
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: General Chat
I guess we are all bored hearing about energy prices but as a comparison i thought id calculate my bill from Feb this year to what it would have been using the new Oct the new price cap, fooking scared me to death !!
Actual gas and elec bill on my current deal was = £241 using the Oct price cap figures it would have been £796 !!!!!!!!
Actual gas and elec bill on my current deal was = £241 using the Oct price cap figures it would have been £796 !!!!!!!!
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: General Chat
Needs more info Tyzy, dwelling ? Family size ? Is that figure for how long ? Yearly ?Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:03 am I guess we are all bored hearing about energy prices but as a comparison i thought id calculate my bill from Feb this year to what it would have been using the new Oct the new price cap, fooking scared me to death !!
Actual gas and elec bill on my current deal was = £241 using the Oct price cap figures it would have been £796 !!!!!!!!
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: General Chat
Needs more info Tyzy, dwelling ? Family size ? Is that figure for how long ? Yearly ?Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:03 am I guess we are all bored hearing about energy prices but as a comparison i thought id calculate my bill from Feb this year to what it would have been using the new Oct the new price cap, fooking scared me to death !!
Actual gas and elec bill on my current deal was = £241 using the Oct price cap figures it would have been £796 !!!!!!!!
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20740
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: General Chat
Its 'Cape Herb and Spice'
Sriracha Chilli
Sweet and sour hot thai seasoning
It's in a red and white tin about 4/5 inches high. I get it from Asda, all my friends have me get it for them
Be warned though. Don't breathe in when you remove the paper under the lid
- Tyzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4214
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: General Chat
I just calculated for the month of Feb as a comparison.I live in a 4 bed detached,kids no longer at home.Here's another comparison,July's bill on our current deal was £45 on the new Oct cap price it would have been £135
-
geeno_philly
- Ballboy

- Posts: 31
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:47 pm
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21206
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
geeno_philly wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:08 pm Just gonna leave this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MuEtuD0HH8
How do you know.
“Hey darling I’ve had a hot & sweaty day can you check my stink level”. “While you’re down there”.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21206
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
Think I worked out my gas & electric for a 4 bed detached house, no kids at home will double from current £194 by the second increase which is January (?). Not sure when that kicks in but will be about £350-£380 early next year.Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:05 pm I just calculated for the month of Feb as a comparison.I live in a 4 bed detached,kids no longer at home.Here's another comparison,July's bill on our current deal was £45 on the new Oct cap price it would have been £135plus I was on holiday for 2 of those weeks in July
12 jumpers & 6 pairs of joggers and zero heating. Plus I’m eating sushi all winter so zero bills.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Tyzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4214
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: General Chat
Hot tub will have to go
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21206
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
You’ll be drinking that fella. Won’t be able to afford any more water. Get in with several teabags and bingo.
That’s not a euphemism btw
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: General Chat
I've just seen a rat, the size of a small dog, in the back garden
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20740
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: General Chat
Can't get a Dentist appointment until November, Swannie.
Thinking of having an implant.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20740
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: General Chat
Wow!
What a mess this country of ours is in!
Don't know much about implants, not my field apart from extraction and then drilling into the mandible/maxilla bone.
Quite intrusive surgery. I certainly wouldn't go down that route (no pun intended
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: General Chat
whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:33 pm Wow!![]()
What a mess this country of ours is in!
Don't know much about implants, not my field apart from extraction and then drilling into the mandible/maxilla bone.
Quite intrusive surgery. I certainly wouldn't go down that route (no pun intendedSurely the tooth can be built up if no pain.....root intact, root canal if necessary and then rebuilt with the incredible stuff dentists have at their disposal these days....seriously check out all your options.
The waiting list on the NHS is absurd.
If i go private, i can get in November.
It's going to cost me the best part of a grand to get this done, if i get an implant.
I just can't really afford it.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden