Pascal Struijk

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Struijk, Pascal · 2018–2026
Struijk, Pascal
Netherlands Struijk, Pascal
Defender
b. 11th August 1999 (age 27)
196
Apps
37
this season
14
Goals
167
Starts
29
Sub Apps
Ajax
Signed 29/01/2018 – 30/06/2026
Ajax → Brighton & Hove Albion (Permanent)
Last 6 Appearances
24 May 2026 · Premier League
0–3 L
11 May 2026 · Premier League
1–1 D ↓ for Bornauw, Sebastiaan
1 May 2026 · Premier League
3–1 W
26 Apr 2026 · FA Cup, Semi Final
0–1 L
22 Apr 2026 · Premier League
2–2 D
18 Apr 2026 · Premier League
3–0 W
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Pascal Struijk - Has Pascal sealed his place alongside Rodon vs WBA?

Post by Kennyb41 »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:24 am Stop teasing Kenny, on tenterhooks here.
It's all happening Cussie.

I've sussed it.

More to follow.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
60sUnited
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2676
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Pascal Struijk - Has Pascal sealed his place alongside Rodon vs WBA?

Post by 60sUnited »

If Struijk can't seal a place at centre back then he is done as it's definitely the only position that he has done ok at and he shouldn't be risked in any other position.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Pascal Struijk - Has Pascal sealed his place alongside Rodon vs WBA?

Post by Kennyb41 »

60sUnited wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:28 am If Struijk can't seal a place at centre back then he is done as it's definitely the only position that he has done ok at and he shouldn't be risked in any other position.

PS will stay, for the time being.

I've sussed it.

More to follow.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3357
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Pascal Struijk - Has Pascal sealed his place alongside Rodon vs WBA?

Post by GreennWhite »

Farke will find a position for Rondon. He didn't get him in to sit on the bench, especially now that the squad is so small.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79212
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Pascal Struijk - Has Pascal sealed his place alongside Rodon vs WBA?

Post by The Subhuman »

60sUnited wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:28 am If Struijk can't seal a place at centre back then he is done as it's definitely the only position that he has done ok at and he shouldn't be risked in any other position.
Depends if we do get the Liverpool lad
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by 1964white »

West Brom (h)

Good
6 interceptions
6 decent passes
3 defensive headers
2 defensive clearances
2 tackles
2 ball recoveries
2 excellent pass
1 shot on target, blocked

Bad
1 poor pass

Pascal's confidence is back in his last three games, comfortable & strolling through games. So pleased for our big pirate.

8
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20766
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:00 pm West Brom (h)

Good
6 interceptions
6 decent passes
3 defensive headers
2 defensive clearances
2 tackles
2 ball recoveries
2 excellent pass
1 shot on target, blocked

Bad
1 poor pass

Pascal's confidence is back in his last three games, comfortable & strolling through games. So pleased for our big pirate.

8
I never gave up on Pascal...I mentioned no end of times that the ball smacked straight into his face from a few metres away causing bad concussion took some getting over.....hopefully he is over that now and back to his best.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3296
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Pascal Struijk - I was concerned, not any more!

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

I bigged this lad up as a potential star 2 years ago. Then I admitted I was wrong 2 weeks ago. I need some convincing from this lad before I change my mind again...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3327
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: Pascal Struijk - I was concerned, not any more!

Post by Overman »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:57 pm I bigged this lad up as a potential star 2 years ago. Then I admitted I was wrong 2 weeks ago. I need some convincing from this lad before I change my mind again...
Championship is probably his level tbf.
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17206
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Pascal Struijk - I was concerned, not any more!

Post by Irish Ian »

One good game against a team who hardly put us under any pressure is hardly something to be swayed by.

Long way to go for him to be a dependable CB
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:52 pm I never gave up on Pascal...I mentioned no end of times that the ball smacked straight into his face from a few metres away causing bad concussion took some getting over.....hopefully he is over that now and back to his best.
Pascal's confidence was shot, last season's coaches probably destroyed his progress.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20766
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:15 am Pascal's confidence was shot, last season's coaches probably destroyed his progress.
Lets hope he's in better hands now. That goes for all the players.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by Kennyb41 »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:23 am Lets hope he's in better hands now. That goes for all the players.
Could be currently cementing his place now Coops is whining again.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Pascal Struijk - I was concerned, not any more!

Post by Clacton White »

I still feel that , like Meslier, there is a disaster waiting to happen but that's just me having seen those two the past season or two . Just lost confidence in them. I hope I am wrong .
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3716
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:15 am Pascal's confidence was shot, last season's coaches probably destroyed his progress.
And DF seems to have given it back to him.
Pity Adams, Gnonto and Sini didnt give him a chance to do the same.
Let's see what he can do for Bamford and Rutter ( once he can play Rutter in his natural position)
Leeds1000
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4157
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Pascal Struijk - I was concerned, not any more!

Post by Leeds1000 »

Agree a good run in the side will help rebuild his confidence. Fair play to him for filling in at LB in the PL but that's where the damage was done. I'm not convinced personally but the way Farke wants to play (possession) seems to be helping him play his way back into some kind of form.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19725
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Pascal Struijk - I was concerned, not any more!

Post by weasel »

Leeds1000 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:11 pm Agree a good run in the side will help rebuild his confidence. Fair play to him for filling in at LB in the PL but that's where the damage was done. I'm not convinced personally but the way Farke wants to play (possession) seems to be helping him play his way back into some kind of form.
Totally agree. I also think him playing left back and then being played centreback in the cup f*cked him up too. Totally different being a left back, especially given the priority being to attack, than being a centreback. Given a run of matches now in his preferred position we should see whether he is the real deal or whether we try to flog him to one of the relegated sides next season, whomever they may be.

Hopefully he and Rodon (or Cresswell if Rodon gets injured or dropped) can form a good strong partnership. Will definitely help with Ampadu doing a proper DM job in front of them.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by onemoreslogan »

Pascal is looking good and I'm happy he's getting some love.

Personally, I tip my hat to him for not pulling a Gnonto when he could have easily used relegation as an excuse to skip town.

But he's still here and giving it for the side and I love him for it. Hope he has a hell of a season.
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3716
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by malcolmw »

onemoreslogan wrote: ↑Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:37 am Pascal is looking good and I'm happy he's getting some love.

Personally, I tip my hat to him for not pulling a Gnonto when he could have easily used relegation as an excuse to skip town.

But he's still here and giving it for the side and I love him for it. Hope he has a hell of a season.
Yep, agree. His attitude has been tremendous. Marsh's ineptitude threw him off rhythm, but he just kept his head down.
Now with Adams and Wober gone and Coops easily crocked I wonder if we could see Pascal wear the captain's band this season at times.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3357
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by GreennWhite »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:16 am Yep, agree. His attitude has been tremendous. Marsh's ineptitude threw him off rhythm, but he just kept his head down.
Now with Adams and Wober gone and Coops easily crocked I wonder if we could see Pascal wear the captain's band this season at times.
If he had kept his head down a bit lower he wouldnt have got smacked on it with the ball and wouldnt have had all that serious concussion s**t :) :)
Post Reply