Again credit goes to AR and his team. They are going to give this a real go. A great statement of intent.
Robin Koch- Signs pre contract with Eintracht Frankfurt
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
Leeds1000
- Manager

- Posts: 4157
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Leeds signings are like buses. Can't ask for more than 2 current internationals. Not sure why more clubs didn't fancy Koch at that price? Could be a great bargain for the club. I'm just glad he's not called Richard.
Again credit goes to AR and his team. They are going to give this a real go. A great statement of intent.
Again credit goes to AR and his team. They are going to give this a real go. A great statement of intent.
- Scoobychief
- Manager

- Posts: 3687
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
would be very happy now if we got a quality creative midfielder. love the last 2 done deals.
- Fridge
- First Team

- Posts: 1432
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Tottenham were having a nibble at him apparentlyLeeds1000 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:52 am Leeds signings are like buses. Can't ask for more than 2 current internationals. Not sure why more clubs didn't fancy Koch at that price? Could be a great bargain for the club. I'm just glad he's not called Richard.![]()
Again credit goes to AR and his team. They are going to give this a real go. A great statement of intent.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22390
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Brighton have made a White Koch-up of the transfer window
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22390
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
The Who have re-released Live at Leeds with an extra track "The Koch's are all White"
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15041
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Bielsa has been sending Koch videos for the last 6 months, detailing how Leeds play, how well he would fit in and also suggesting improvements based on analysis of his Freiberg games!
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8784
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Koch videos eh?YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:52 am Bielsa has been sending Koch videos for the last 6 months, detailing how Leeds play, how well he would fit in and also suggesting improvements based on analysis of his Freiberg games!
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19701
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Like YS said we have been sending him videos and been in constant communication with him for the last 6 months. Great work by everyone involved and likely he had been convinced to join us a few months back so it didn't matter if other clubs came in later. It does give the impression that we were looking to sign him even if we'd signed White or that at the very least we were extremely well prepared in case the White deal didn't happen (lessons learnt from missing out on Dan James and Che Adams).
Players come to our club because they want to become better players. How many other managers actually improve the players they get? I certainly don't think players would improve as much at any other club in the premiership.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22390
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Exactlyweasel wrote: ↑Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:15 am Like YS said we have been sending him videos and been in constant communication with him for the last 6 months. Great work by everyone involved and likely he had been convinced to join us a few months back so it didn't matter if other clubs came in later. It does give the impression that we were looking to sign him even if we'd signed White or that at the very least we were extremely well prepared in case the White deal didn't happen (lessons learnt from missing out on Dan James and Che Adams).
Players come to our club because they want to become better players. How many other managers actually improve the players they get? I certainly don't think players would improve as much at any other club in the premiership.
Who else would watch so many Koch films?
Bielsa will definitely improve Koch's performance
We witnessed an amazing climax to last season
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
I can picture the scene pre-lockdown.
RoKo's girlfriend: "Are we going out to a nice restaurant tonight, Robin.
RoKo: "No can do I'm afraid. I have just received another video from Marcelo, and I have to do my homework.
RoKo's girlfriend: "Are we going out to a nice restaurant tonight, Robin.
RoKo: "No can do I'm afraid. I have just received another video from Marcelo, and I have to do my homework.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
This is awesome. I'm not throwing any Koch jokes. I'm sure he's used to it - all Germans speak pretty good English.
In the US, we have a lot of Koch's and they usually pronounce it "Cook" (literal translation) or "Coke." The US has a long history of name changing. A lot of Jews legally changed their names when the moved here. It's something that I think is unique to the US and I'm not aware of people changing their names or pronunciation in the UK. "c**k" is the proper German pronunciation and we should stick with it, although that "ch" has a slightly different pronunciation. I'd say there's a little more throat in the pronunciation, but that opens up more jokes.
Speaking of, remember that German international, Kuntz?
In the US, we have a lot of Koch's and they usually pronounce it "Cook" (literal translation) or "Coke." The US has a long history of name changing. A lot of Jews legally changed their names when the moved here. It's something that I think is unique to the US and I'm not aware of people changing their names or pronunciation in the UK. "c**k" is the proper German pronunciation and we should stick with it, although that "ch" has a slightly different pronunciation. I'd say there's a little more throat in the pronunciation, but that opens up more jokes.
Speaking of, remember that German international, Kuntz?
-
Leeds1000
- Manager

- Posts: 4157
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
So he's been doing Bielsa homework for the last 6 months.weasel wrote: ↑Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:15 am Like YS said we have been sending him videos and been in constant communication with him for the last 6 months. Great work by everyone involved and likely he had been convinced to join us a few months back so it didn't matter if other clubs came in later. It does give the impression that we were looking to sign him even if we'd signed White or that at the very least we were extremely well prepared in case the White deal didn't happen (lessons learnt from missing out on Dan James and Che Adams).
Players come to our club because they want to become better players. How many other managers actually improve the players they get? I certainly don't think players would improve as much at any other club in the premiership.
I agree that it looks like he was signing regardless of White.
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19701
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
I saw a lot of Leeds fan lambasting Koch's first half display against Liverpool blaming him for the penalty and VVD's goal but for me he was blameless for both. For the penalty he got a great block in and there was nothing he could do to stop the ball from deflecting from his leg up to his hand. Seems a ridiculous rule if it is the new rule that any time the ball hits the arm it is a penalty. For the VVD goal he was blocked by a Liverpool player and although it looked accidental I don't for one second think it was. I think Liverpool worked on corner routines and ways to block of players to give the likes of VVD a free run. They did it again in the second half but this time the referee spotted it. Teams try all sorts at corners such as someone standing on someone's feet so that player can't jump enabling their teammate a free header.
Koch for the most part looked calm on the ball and read the game well. All the Liverpool goals were fortunate, dubious penalty, player blocked from a corner, weak defensive header, then clumsy forward challenge whereas in terms of good chances created from open play we were by far the more dangerous team.
Koch for the most part looked calm on the ball and read the game well. All the Liverpool goals were fortunate, dubious penalty, player blocked from a corner, weak defensive header, then clumsy forward challenge whereas in terms of good chances created from open play we were by far the more dangerous team.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- mothbanquet
- Manager

- Posts: 3239
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
I watched Koch carefully. There might be debate over his culpability - can't find in myself to blame him for the first pen, personally - but otherwise watching his positioning, passing and ability on the ball I'm certain he'll come good in short order. He won't be facing Salah and Mane every week.
- mothbanquet
- Manager

- Posts: 3239
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Unfortunately a fact of footballing life, now and always. Thankfully we've got a manager who knows better than a bunch of Twitter experts.
-
rab_rant
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Strange it was the two new boys that the Ref said was responsible for the penalties.mothbanquet wrote:I watched Koch carefully. There might be debate over his culpability - can't find in myself to blame him for the first pen, personally - but otherwise watching his positioning, passing and ability on the ball I'm certain he'll come good in short order. He won't be facing Salah and Mane every week.
But Bielsa never said a mumbling word... did not fault his players or accuse them in any way.
Class act.
Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23132
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Spot on. How can the first one be allowed to stand but the second one was deemed a foul? It was exactly the same thing. The refs are even more shite in the PL.weasel wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:09 am I saw a lot of Leeds fan lambasting Koch's first half display against Liverpool blaming him for the penalty and VVD's goal but for me he was blameless for both. For the penalty he got a great block in and there was nothing he could do to stop the ball from deflecting from his leg up to his hand. Seems a ridiculous rule if it is the new rule that any time the ball hits the arm it is a penalty. For the VVD goal he was blocked by a Liverpool player and although it looked accidental I don't for one second think it was. I think Liverpool worked on corner routines and ways to block of players to give the likes of VVD a free run. They did it again in the second half but this time the referee spotted it. Teams try all sorts at corners such as someone standing on someone's feet so that player can't jump enabling their teammate a free header.
Koch for the most part looked calm on the ball and read the game well. All the Liverpool goals were fortunate, dubious penalty, player blocked from a corner, weak defensive header, then clumsy forward challenge whereas in terms of good chances created from open play we were by far the more dangerous team.
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14814
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Good performance bar a shaky spell immediately after the penalty award against him. Maybe that rattled his confidence, but he looked more and more assured as the game went on. Was definitely blocked off for the VVD goal, clever from Liverpool if truth be told. I have no doubt he is going to be a solid performer for us, despite the kn*bhead element who always have to have someone to blame.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- mothbanquet
- Manager

- Posts: 3239
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
Agreed, good set piece engineering that, the kind you'd expect from champions. The difference between that and the second one was Koch was tripped - that's where the line lies.
- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13923
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: Robin Koch - DEAL DONE
I was critical of his first twenty minutes, and still am. That criticism, however, is more for his shakiness over all than either of the two goals. He just seemed uncomfortable out there and was, to my eyes at least, shaken by the penalty call.
He got over it, though, and played very well for the last 25-30 minutes of the first half and all of the second half. Koch will be very, very good for us this year and I am glad we signed him. Very encouraged by what I saw out of both Koch and Struijk yesterday.
He got over it, though, and played very well for the last 25-30 minutes of the first half and all of the second half. Koch will be very, very good for us this year and I am glad we signed him. Very encouraged by what I saw out of both Koch and Struijk yesterday.
Koch, Robin