Chilli D wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:26 amI've no complaints with Ayling at all really. Great servant for the club and always gives his all even if he's having a mare.
I echo that sentiment, he's versatile and 100% committed to the LU cause, even it he only gets limited starts, another season of experience for the new players will do everyone no harm.
Plus it gives him time to perfect his RK celebration.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
I echo that sentiment, he's versatile and 100% committed to the LU cause, even it he only gets limited starts, another season of experience for the new players will do everyone no harm.
Plus it gives him time to perfect his RK celebration.
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls
Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
weasel wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:20 am
Ayling is good to have in the squad (especially if we are still looking at an 18 man squad and youth) with him being able to cover right back and centreback. I know some don't rate him as a centreback but I always felt that he did okay as a centreback (especially when he got a run of games to get familiar with the position) but that we struggled when he played centreback more because we missed him at rightback. Having RK being able to bomb forward in a similar way to Ayling does would mean we shouldn't have that problem if Ayling had to play centreback. The key factor in having the small squad is having players capable of playing a couple of positions.
Additionally Ayling is still good enough to be a starter at right back so it means we are strong there. It also gives the option of allowing Drameh to go out on loan to further his development rather than having him here as an unhappy back-up.
Right now, Ayling is above Drameh imo!
According to our Player Ratings, Luke was our 3rd best player last season & was voted Man Of The Match in four of the twelve games under Jesse Marsch.
Also, Ayling played many games carrying an injury last season, now we have a scenario where if either Kristensen is unfit Ayling can step in, or vice-versa.
weasel wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:20 am
Ayling is good to have in the squad (especially if we are still looking at an 18 man squad and youth) with him being able to cover right back and centreback. I know some don't rate him as a centreback but I always felt that he did okay as a centreback (especially when he got a run of games to get familiar with the position) but that we struggled when he played centreback more because we missed him at rightback. Having RK being able to bomb forward in a similar way to Ayling does would mean we shouldn't have that problem if Ayling had to play centreback. The key factor in having the small squad is having players capable of playing a couple of positions.
Additionally Ayling is still good enough to be a starter at right back so it means we are strong there. It also gives the option of allowing Drameh to go out on loan to further his development rather than having him here as an unhappy back-up.
Agree weasel. I've always championed Ayling, even when the boo boys were really down on him a few years ago. I love his playing style and his goal celebrations. I love his spirit and I think he's a great character to have around the club.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:33 am
Agree weasel. I've always championed Ayling, even when the boo boys were really down on him a few years ago. I love his playing style and his goal celebrations. I love his spirit and I think he's a great character to have around the club.
Chilli D wrote: ↑Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:26 am
I've no complaints with Ayling at all really. Great servant for the club and always gives his all even if he's having a mare.
No ~Ayling, no win at Wolves ... and he's done that before.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Looks like Danny Mills the way he strikes the ball with his left foot. Needs a bit better quality with his crosses (not many good ones on you tube). Defence seems solid but he will be tested in the PL; seems good in the air. I would have like Drameh to get a chance but lets hope Kristensen rips it up!