What would you do is we offered him £40k a week but Man U offered £75k? Stay at Leeds? I certainly wouldn't. Sod loyaLty: money matters in this day and age and you have to go where the money is. Do not hold any grudge against him one jot! He has been brilliant for us...Musicman1965 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 7:05 am Can't help feel disappointed with Darlow's decision to move over to our most hated rivals. Yes he is 35 and deserves one final payday as he enters his last contract. With any players that wants to move on they must know how the fanbase will react when it comes to the scum across the way. Any club Karl, just not them. Pack your bench blanket, gloves and your sudoku book and feck off.... harsh I know, but its scum
Karl Darlow
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3286
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Karl Darlow
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41667
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
Graham confirming that our unwillingness to give him the number 1 role next season played a large part in him leaving.
Basically if I won't be number 1 may as well be backup elsewhere for more £
Basically if I won't be number 1 may as well be backup elsewhere for more £
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22380
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3286
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Karl Darlow
And he has done exactly the right thing! I don't get the people slagging him off? If a rival company offered an extra £25k a week what would anybody do? We'd all follow the money, me included! Thanks for your wonderful service KD: I appreciate what you did for the club. Good luck...
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22380
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Karl Darlow
He did okay last season Victor.Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 8:44 pm And he has done exactly the right thing! I don't get the people slagging him off? If a rival company offered an extra £25k a week what would anybody do? We'd all follow the money, me included! Thanks for your wonderful service KD: I appreciate what you did for the club. Good luck...
Nothing against him, but I'm pleased he's leaving as we need to do much better than him.
- ShaunL
- First Team

- Posts: 1269
- Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
- Location: Fremantle
Re: Karl Darlow
Plenty of good performances by keepers at the W C to look at as a replacement.
Suzuki,Gill or even Beach from Australia.
I think I’d go for Gill myself.
Suzuki,Gill or even Beach from Australia.
I think I’d go for Gill myself.
- pjm2019
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2705
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
i hope Darlow is on the bench when Man U play us and our fans tell him want a s**t he is. £1.3 million not enough for him even if LUFC told him he would be number 2 here, what is he at Scum number 2 or 3.
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2135
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
Yes its a lot of money but the outcome is the same. If he stayed at Leeds there is a good chance he will get games, we haven't filled the goalkeeper slot yet and we could get another Perri that doesn't work out. At scum there is little chance of games imo so effectively he will be retired on full pay. I still can't get past his choice of club to move to, maybe that's me just not understanding the draw of the big bucks and loyalty as you said is out the window. Any club and any diversion but not them...Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 1:18 pm What would you do is we offered him £40k a week but Man U offered £75k? Stay at Leeds? I certainly wouldn't. Sod loyaLty: money matters in this day and age and you have to go where the money is. Do not hold any grudge against him one jot! He has been brilliant for us...
- Johnthewhite
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
Would you be saying all this if it had been MeslierMusicman1965 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 10:20 am Yes its a lot of money but the outcome is the same. If he stayed at Leeds there is a good chance he will get games, we haven't filled the goalkeeper slot yet and we could get another Perri that doesn't work out. At scum there is little chance of games imo so effectively he will be retired on full pay. I still can't get past his choice of club to move to, maybe that's me just not understanding the draw of the big bucks and loyalty as you said is out the window. Any club and any diversion but not them...
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3286
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Karl Darlow
Urrrmmm: 5h1t. I replied to this by mistake
Last edited by Victor_OTT_17 on Sat Jul 11, 2026 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3286
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Karl Darlow
PS: I don't really do club rivalry and here is why:
In 1996: I was in town watch fans of many teams hugging each other after we'd done Holland 4-1. A week later they were knifing each other!
I was a member of Nottingham Whites for years. We had one thug who was just a complete bullying c*nt: even to kids. A bully of the highest order: hard as f*ck too so didn't need to prove it. I've seen him punch a 13/14 year old kid full in the face because he was a Millwall fan. That guy is the reason me and Michele left Nottm Whites and why we stopped coming to games (2013).
So no: I don't do club rivalry. We're all somebodies child...
- Pullhard
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2970
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am
- Johnthewhite
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
I think you missed the point I was trying to makeVictor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 2:08 pm Yes, absolutely! We live in a world where money is everything. If you don't follow the money: you're an idiot! Meslier has gone to Arsenal as their number 3 keeper![]()
I don't know why I have to try and justify Darlow doing a brilliant thing for himself? He's likely going to be set for life financially on his earnings at Man U. Great move as far as I'm concerned...
The question was, would Shaun be getting so upset about our goalkeeper going to the Red side if it had been patsy (Mes) and not Darlow.
Fully agree about Darlow taking the money, he's done the best thing for his financial future
- Johnthewhite
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
Unfortunately you can find such people in all walks of life, they go on to spoil it for everyone else. The good people need to keep going to games and keep them in a minorityVictor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 2:16 pm PS: I don't really do club rivalry and here is why:
In 1996: I was in town watch fans of many teams hugging each other after we'd done Holland 4-1. A week later they were knifing each other!
I was a member of Nottingham Whites for years. We had one thug who was just a complete bullying c*nt: even to kids. A bully of the highest order: hard as f*ck too so didn't need to prove it. I've seen him punch a 13/14 year old kid full in the face because he was a Millwall fan. That guy is the reason me and Michele left Nottm Whites and why we stopped coming to games (2013).
So no: I don't do club rivalry. We're all somebodies child...
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3286
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Karl Darlow
He was a staunch member of Nottingham Whites, a 200-strong LUFC-affiliated supporters club. People like him don't stop going. So we left Nottingham Whites and stopped going to football shortly after. It was a time of big change in our lives and today, we are much better off for it. We now have good jobs, moved to another country and I own my own business. We are better off for it...Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 3:11 pm Unfortunately you can find such people in all walks of life, they go on to spoil it for everyone else. The good people need to keep going to games and keep them in a minority![]()
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2135
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
Interesting opinion and I understand where you are coming from. There has always been rivalry in sport but the violence is another issue that you and I have seen first hand. My point is that rivalry can be a good thing, how often do fans look at the fixture list to see important games where putting one over on their greatest rivals is a joy to see. We did it last season and how did that make us all feel. Everybody has an opinion on Manure, when players from Leeds go there it is direct slap in the face as all Leeds players know what it means to do so. How do we all feel about McQueen or Rio, how about Smith, Jordan and others making the switch. As Leeds fans its different for everyone on how they feel. Have a great day Victor....Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 2:16 pm PS: I don't really do club rivalry and here is why:
In 1996: I was in town watch fans of many teams hugging each other after we'd done Holland 4-1. A week later they were knifing each other!
I was a member of Nottingham Whites for years. We had one thug who was just a complete bullying c*nt: even to kids. A bully of the highest order: hard as f*ck too so didn't need to prove it. I've seen him punch a 13/14 year old kid full in the face because he was a Millwall fan. That guy is the reason me and Michele left Nottm Whites and why we stopped coming to games (2013).
So no: I don't do club rivalry. We're all somebodies child...
Last edited by Musicman1965 on Mon Jul 13, 2026 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2135
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
My thread is about Darlow not some substandard reserve that is out of contract.
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19671
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Karl Darlow
I think the big difference here is that we are not losing a player that is going to be going into their first team. Despite him leaving as our current first choice keeper they haven't taken someone who was likely to be starting next season, or certainly not the following season (we may have decided to stick with Darlow for another season if we couldn't get someone else in, or we decided to spend money elsewhere).
I like Darlow, he came in and did a pretty decent job in both our promotion season and last but I feel no animosity to him going there. Hopefully we buy better
I like Darlow, he came in and did a pretty decent job in both our promotion season and last but I feel no animosity to him going there. Hopefully we buy better
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- Johnthewhite
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
HiMusicman1965 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 13, 2026 8:18 am My thread is about Darlow not some substandard reserve that is out of contract.
But that's my point/question, would you feel differently if it was Mes going to the red side ?
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2135
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: Karl Darlow
As the French Fumbler is no longer a Leeds Player his choice of club has no meaning. So in a nutshell No!!Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Mon Jul 13, 2026 12:36 pm Hi
But that's my point/question, would you feel differently if it was Mes going to the red side ?
Darlow, Karl